University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Physical Medicine & Rehab
7 AM-7 PM
The individual in this position must be adept at prioritizing tasks and projects, must be able to work with limited supervision, and must be able to exercise considerable independent judgment. Must understand and communicate University policies and procedures, analyze situations, and make judgments to facilitate desired outcomes. High level of decision making, communication and follow-up action items on behalf of the Chair. Serves as the go-to support and coordinator for the Chair and outpatient medical director.
Under the general direction of the Chair and Outpatient Medical Director, and with considerable latitude for exercise of independent judgment and initiative, the candidate is accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Acts as operations manager for the outpatient physician services of PMR, which includes direct responsibility for the outpatient therapy communication, coverage, clinic flow, and all associated issues.
- Assists with identifying areas of improvement and barriers to efficiencies and the subsequent development of practice guidelines and implementation of procedures for prioritizing and assigning work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying process for enhancing levels of service and quality.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that support new projects and program development that improve the operations of the high-volume outpatient area.
- Maintains a ‘hands-on’ approach to the day-to-day operations of the outpatient practice in coordination with the department administrator and outpatient medical director.
- Assists in evaluating the needs, recommends plans, and implements changes to improve overall efficiencies with staff and the Access Center and Televox.
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors the day/day work activity of assigned employees (2-Sec IVs and Physician Support Specialist), develops goals and objectives, monitors performance, and provides guidance and career development.
- Demonstrates and leads the ICARE Patient care team to develop required behaviors and performance expectations.
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring, training, and in completing employee performance appraisals in accordance with UR Medicine policies. Follows through on the administrative processes related to Human Resources: Assist with job description preparation, complete required forms, secure appropriate approvals, and monitor interview process for assigned positions.
- Manages assigned staffs workload distribution, handles requests for time off and overtime, and submits accurate and timely HRMS payroll information. HRMS approval of payroll for direct reports and employees as needed. Authorized signature for all personnel transactions. Manage termination checklist activities and conduct exit interviews.
- Promptly and accurately completes required documentation related to new-hires, students, terminations, and other status changes.
- Ensures compliance with training, counseling and educating staff on all office practice policies and processes, including Ambulatory Care Policies and HIPAA patient care activities.
- Responsibility for the oversight and management of all therapy (PT/OT) schedules, vetting, work queues, referral management, template management, task delegation, QA (Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance, Billing corrections), patient No-Show management, and reporting dashboards.
- Mastery of EMR and related reporting and ordering systems – available for troubleshooting, training, support, and maintaining supplies for day/day operations.
- Outpatient supply orders (routine and special requests), returns and stock keeping.
- Manages outpatient physician patent complaints and service recovery.
- Provides oversight for the day/ day maintenance and facility upkeep and cleaning for physician areas.
- Facilitates payment of vendor services by completing and processing financial forms for Accounts Payable and Purchasing, including acquiring additional information, obtaining signatures, copying, filing and making deposits; following up on errors and outstanding payments.
- Prepares data for financial reports, expenditures; reviews and approves invoices.
- Acts as liaison with Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- Assists with the reconciliation of monthly ledgers with expenses and maintain financial support documentation. Provide copies of selected ledgers to Investigators and organize and obtain review sign-off.
- Attend monthly Ambulatory Managers’ Meeting and disseminate the information relative to staffs improved efficiencies. This includes off-cycle meetings and/ or webinars that offer information relative to the improved efficiencies and skills of front end staff or managerial essentials.
- Attend bi-weekly PMR Manager’s meeting and PMR CCD Outpatient Operations meetings and take assigned or appropriate action related to clinic efficiencies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
College graduation or equivalent experience and training, and one-year of administrative experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212844
Full/Part Time: Full-Time