University of Rochester Administrative Asst, Dean's Office in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Dean's Office Col-Admin
8 AM-5 PM
With latitude for independent judgment and minimal direction, the administrative assistant will provide administrative assistance to the Dean of the Faculty, the Dean for Research as well as administrative support to the research team. This position will frequently interact with both internal and external visitors, including University faculty, senior administrators and staff. It requires initiative as well as the capacity to be flexible and multi-task in a busy environment.
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the Faculty and to the Dean for Research
Provides comprehensive administrative support for the deans.
- Manages the calendars for the deans.
- Schedules complex large group meetings.
- Prepares meeting materials including agendas and background documents.
- Prepares travel arrangements both domestic and international including VISA and Passport application processes.
- Prepares and submits travel expense reports on behalf of the deans.
- Completes membership renewals for the deans. Works with the Finance department to ensure timely payment.
- Drafts correspondence for the deans including recommendation letters.
- Ensure the deans’ CV is current and formatted in standard forms for grant submissions.
- Provides administrative support to the AS&E; research team including scheduling meetings, preparing materials/documents, making travel arrangements, and submitting expense reports.
- Proofreads and edits materials for the research team.
Conflict of Interest Administration
- Tracks the completion of the Conflict of Interest forms.
- Serves as end-user tester for Conflict of Interest system.
- Tracks feedback from users on the system.
- Assists legal counsel on using the electronic system; prepares documents of survey results for legal counsel.
- Arranges meetings for Conflict of Interest working group.
- Assists in the planning of local conferences, workshops and other events.
Administrative Support to the Deans’ Suite
- Serves as back-up to the other Administrative Assistants in the Arts, Sciences and Engineering Deans’ Office.
- Assists in general office operations as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of administrative support in an academic setting required (3 years’ experience preferred) or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work independently is required. Ability to interact effectively with high-level University officers, as well as with faculty, staff and general public is needed. Candidates must possess exceptional judgment, as well as discretion and professionalism. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional is strongly recommended.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst, Dean's Office
Location: The College
Job ID: 209398
Full/Part Time: Full-Time