University of Rochester Acute Care Coord, RN in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Home Care Liaison
The role of the Acute Care Coordinator is to serve as an adjunct to the multidisciplinary team. The Care Coordinator in partnership with unit staff (Nursing, Providers, Consulting Services, Social Work etc.) and providers caring for the patient at discharge, assists in facilitating a patient focused plan of care aimed at ensuring a safe transition from hospital to home for adult acute care patients.
- Coordinates care of patients in acute care. Assumes coordination role at the point of admission and through discharge with targeted coordination and follow-up. Identifies patient discharge needs. Assists in implementing patient care strategies to close gaps in medical care upon discharge. Identifies resources for patient self-management planning and discharge. Assists in developing and implementing care plans for medically complex patients. Identifies barriers to a successful discharge plan.
- Coordinates use of clinical and ancillary resources within and outside of the health system to achieve treatment goals specified in the patient care plan and facilities discharge.
- Participates in development of discharge plan with short and long-range care plan goals for patients. Keeping abreast of organizational developments and practices that may impact operations by participating in continuing education courses, professional organizations and seminars, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community. Assisting with the development of current evidence based protocols, policies, work flow/flow sheets, guidelines, etc. related to the provision of care within the acute care coordinator, RN model. Participating in committees as assigned.
- Interacts effectively with physicians, the acute care coordinator team, patients and their caregivers.
- Accountable for patient discharge.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines.
- Adheres to HIPAA, TJC,CMS and OSHA regulations and policies
- Attends Bi-weekly Acute Care Coordinator Meetings and Patient Family Services Meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing and a minimum of five years of professional nursing experience. BS/MS and acute care, community health, care management and/or disease management, multidisciplinary team experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Registered in New York State.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Acute Care Coord, RN
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212393
Full/Part Time: Full-Time