University of Rochester Accounting Bookkeeper IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Ctr Comm Health & Prevention
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under the supervision of the Finance Administrator, with some latitude for independent judgment, performs accounting and bookkeeping functions for the Center for Community Health. Facilitates accurate and appropriate financial record keeping, reconciliation and troubleshooting using knowledge and application of general accounting theory, techniques and practices as well as knowledge of the University accounting system. Supports audits, budgeting and other financial support activities for the department.
- Obtains and applies knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Demonstrates understanding of University standards for financial controls over clinical, research, and outreach activities.
- Tracks spending for sponsored projects and departmental accounts for financial operations.
- Ensures accurate data entry into CCH shadow system, and reconciles with University financial records.
- Examines accounting documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with specific accounting requirements. Independently researches and resolves discrepancies, corrects erroneous charges, and processes journal entries.
- Prepares and reviews reports on both routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Performs clerical duties such as: filing and typing, running errands, assisting with distribution of paper and electronic ledgers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AAS degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping plus 3-4 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must obtain CLASP certification, keeping abreast of updates to UR and sponsor requirements.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Accounting Bookkeeper IV
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 207759
Full/Part Time: Full-Time