University of Rochester Accounting Bookkeeper III in Rochester, New York
Part Time 24 hours Grade 007 Med M&D-Pulmnry;/Crit Care Unit
8:30 AM-5 PM; MON/WED/FRI PREFERRED
*Position Summary: *
Exercising knowledge of University accounting/bookkeeping procedures, handles all input/output information for divisional FAOs. Follows written procedures and interprets and adjust for variations in procedures within established limits. Performs analyses, audits and tests necessary to ascertain integrity of accounting data and account balances as well as assures accurate reporting. Performs work associated with cost-recording transactions and related activities such as ledger reconciliation, resolving discrepancies to ledgers, distribution of workbooks, and filing of all backup documentation and ledgers.
Assists with the maintenance of all financial transactions, clinical metric reports, and spreadsheets for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division. Under the direction of the Financial Analyst, initiates corrective action or recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Monthly reconciliation of all backup against divisional FAO ledgers and updates worksheets as necessary.Tracks down and secures all backup documentation that appears on FAO that is missing.
- Performs the primary review for all FAOs and documents in the Ledger Control Worksheet.
- Performs data entry into ledger workbooks of all backup documentation of pending charges in order to encumber all purchases for balance projections.This is done on all divisional FAOs including operational, research, gift, and discretionary FAOs.
- Tracks divisional clinical metrics on a monthly basis and updates spreadsheets with data collected such as patient volumes, revenues, RVUs, etc. for all services and sites.
- Initiates corrective action or recommends solutions as appropriate.Makes journal entries as required to correct accounting errors.Tracks the JE to ensure completion.
- Coordinates the monthly distribution of completed workbooks to the appropriate responsible person (i.e., PI) and collects signoff sheets indicating their review of their workbooks.Respond to questions/inquiries concerning workbooks.
- When error trend indicates system defects, consults with, or refers the matter to, appropriate supervisor, presenting recommendations and seeking guidance as to course of action to be taken.Recommends improvements, adaptation, and changes in policy and procedures in the accounting system.
- Backups other staff when absent with the inpatient billing sheets.
AAS degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping plus 2 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Accounting Bookkeeper III
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 205932
Full/Part Time: Part-Time