University of Rochester Academic Advisor in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Dean's Office Col-Advising
9 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS
Serves as advisor and principal program coordinator for Scholars programs. Reports to Associate Director. providing academic and enrichment fund advising to Scholars community. Manages marketing and branding for mailings and social media. Tracks data for assessment and reporting. Oversees event and program planning. Manages specialized functions for Scholars' programs and students within the College Center for Advising Services.
Advises Scholars students in academic program and enrichment fund planning. Provides and obtains factual information with respect to registration in courses; assists students having academic difficulties; provides guidance for enrichment fund requests; makes appropriate referrals.
- Advises undergraduates in academic program planning, using knowledge of academic programs, courses, prerequisites, degree requirements, rules and regulations.
- Guides students in preparation of Scholars Enrichment funding requests and applications.
- Holds informational meetings.
- Maintains contact with faculty and departmental staff regarding advising and funding programs; consults on individual cases as required. Keeps abreast of University, College, and departmental policies and procedures.
- With independent latitude for decision making, assists in orienting new students, providing resolution or referrals.
- Recruits and directs the work of student volunteers, mentors and interns.
- Provides stewardship with Scholars students.
- Serves and represents the Scholars' program on Committees and collaborates with University and external partners.
With direction as to policy and priorities, assists in designing, planning and budgeting for specific marketing and branding for Scholars projects/programs.
- Employs project management techniques to drive completion of projects on schedule and on budget. Scopes and analyzes project requirements and develops cost estimates.
- Tracks activities and expenditures.
- Manages production of printed material and nurtures vendor relations to achieve timely, costeffective outcomes; reviews and authorizes proof sheets, or circulates for approval, depending on the project.
- Drafts, edits, and/or proofreads copy for a variety purposes (e.g., announcements, posters, letters, invitations, brochure copy, advertisements, web pages, etc.) Collaborates with external/internal design and/or production firms on creative ideas and design options.
Primary manager for planning and organization Scholars Orientation, social events and community outreach activities.
- Oversees planning and implementation for event implementation and follow up.
- Represents the programs and department in requisitioning and arranging for services, including space, catering, equipment and supplies.
Directs the oversight and preparation of financial statements and accounts; estimates and controls expenditures for supplies and auxiliary services; records and recommends changes.
- Manages reimbursements, vendor payments and related accounts and records.
- Coordinates with Accounting Office and sponsoring agencies and/or vendors.
- Tracks, assesses and reports financial and budget data
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Academic Advisor
Location: The College
Job ID: 209668
Full/Part Time: Full-Time