University of Rochester Undergraduate Housing Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Residential Life
8:30 AM-5 PM
The Undergraduate Housing Coordinator has primary responsibility for the initial contract and processing of all housing assignment activities for Residential Life. This includes initial processing of housing assignment related requests; making routine room assignments; housing data entry, developing routine and ad hoc reports from Odyssey Housing Information System; ISIS interface functions (University mainframe); leadership in critical operations; and acting as liaison with key offices and individuals in the College. Additional duties involve departmental word processing and clerical relief functions. This position reports to the Director for Housing Operations.
- Provides the initial response to departmental, student, family, and administrative inquiries regarding housing assignment policies, the housing assignments process and student status in the process. This includes communications with key areas such as the Bursar, Dining Services, etc.
- Coordinates the receipt, dispersal, and archiving of all housing applications materials.
- Maintains current vacancy listings for the undergraduate housing system. Makes routine housing assignments that fall within established Departmental guidelines. Refers problematic assignments to the Director of Housing Operations.
- Serves as the primary data entry and operations staff member for the Odyssey Housing Information System computer program. This includes entering data, developing and printing standard and ad hoc reports, running system generated mailings, etc.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc reports as requested using Odyssey.
- Coordinates the room change, request for release from housing, and other administrative assignments functions.
- Assumes significant responsibility in the operations of critical departmental assignments programs (hall openings, room drawings, contract and assignment distribution, etc.)
- Serves as a backup clerical staff and receptionist during breaks, absences, and during peak phone and walk-in-contact periods. During non-peak assignments times, assist other areas of the office in clerical assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the general expectations of the position.
2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants. Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute and to transcribe at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Undergraduate Housing Coordinator
Location: The College
Job ID: 202035
Full/Part Time: Full-Time