University of Rochester Technical Assoc I (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Medicine M&D-Immuno;/Rheum Div
8 AM-4:30 PM; OCC WKENDS/HOL
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 1/31/17.
The technical associate I will focus on the molecular mechanisms of human monocyte differentiation and be under the direct supervision of Research Assistant Professor and PI to conduct basic and clinical research with an emphasis on flow cytometry staining, data acquiring and analysis. Need to be in charge with laboratory maintenance and operation. This job is clinical-oriented, thus this individual will need to stay late occasionally.
- Implements and performs complex research experiments with emphasis on FACS staining, acquiring and data analysis. Microscopy analysis of human primary cells and cell lines. Separate cells and serum from blood samples on a routine basis. Assist with maintenance of culture cells applying sterile tissue culture techniques.
- Analyzes flow cytometry data to generate results and figures for publication and presents results to PI.
- Assists with the planning and troubleshooting of research experiments.
- Record keeping of experimental details and results. Assist with laboratory compliance on regulations and norms.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies; maintains equipment as needed and directed by laboratory manager.
- Performs reagent preparation and enters data in computer for analysis.
Bachelor’s (prefer Master’s degree) in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related major and 1 year of related work experience. Experience with flow cytometry, sterile culture techniques, viral work and protein work is desirable, but will be willing to train highly motivated individual with good working attitude and philosophy.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Technical Assoc I (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 198572
Full/Part Time: Full-Time