University of Rochester Systems Administrator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 GME Ofc (Grad Medical Educ)
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under general direction as to policies and priorities, manage, maintain, and teach end users in the use of the GME residency management system (MedHub), a web-based information system used to schedule resident and fellow rotations, build and deliver evaluations, track training history, deliver contracts, and streamline program administration and evaluation administration. Make recommendations to program leaders and train them on functionality to ensure compliance with ACGME institutional oversight as well as other regulatory oversight; manage and maintain GME intranet content using University content management system; manage and maintain GME Sharepoint site.
Overall receives general direction from the Director for Graduate Medical Education and Senior Associate Dean for GME. Primary liaison to program coordinators of ACGME accredited residency programs and CODA accredited dentistry programs.
MedHub Super User
- Train end users -- program coordinators, directors, administrators– focusing primarily on rotation schedules, how to create and deliver assessments, how to document procedures, troubleshooting/ problem-solving. Teach mini-sessions at monthly coordinator meetings. Develop curriculum to teach basic/intermediate/advanced users.
- Develop mechanism for residency and fellowship programs to electronically report competence of specialized procedures (aka, Delineation of Competencies).
- Export Resident Status reports for HR, Q/S, and other University departments when requested.
- Work closely with Reimbursement Analyst to maintain database integrity, including:
- Troubleshooting of schedule gaps/overlaps for cost reporting (CMS/NYS) purposes
- Site management
- Additions/deletions of programs, providing and removing access as needed
- Guide and assist Directors/Coordinators in creation of assessment tools – faculty, resident/fellow, patient surveys of trainees, program evaluations, 360 degree surveys, procedure evaluations, etc.
- Working with Accreditation Administrator, schedule and deliver annual electronic Exit Survey to graduating trainees, and make recommendations as needed for reporting outcomes.
- Guide and assist Directors/Coordinators in developing program-specific portfolios for residents as needed.
- Other Systems Duties
- Chief contact for computer services provided to GME by third parties including ISD/Desktop Support, Intranet Support, Database Support, Advanced Informatics, NYS Health Commerce System.
- Maintain GME Intranet using Umbraco Client Management System.
- Create and maintain content in, and organize Sharepoint GME pages for sharing/storage of incoming resident/fellow required data.
- Keep abreast of technologies by participating in discussion forums, visiting relevant sites, reviewing relevant literature and best practices.
- Keep abreast of ACGME requirements (Institutional/Common Program Requirements) and hospital/ GME policies especially in regard to management of data for accreditation.
- Advise/assist in administering onboarding process for incoming and transferring trainees annually, testing/troubleshooting functionality; proactively review elements for improvement.
- Monitor Idea Portal of MedHub – enter suggestions based on program and/or GME needs for improvements; update program coordinators and GME Director on status of functionality when needed.
GME Office Duties
- Working under general direction of the GME Administrative Director, enter data on new, continuing, and transferring trainees
- For new trainees enter/import demographic information including start/end dates, names, birthdates, citizenship, etc.
- Work closely with Reimbursement Analyst to assist in the assignment of contracts at appropriate stipend levels; ensure all contracts have proper electronic signatures.
- Annually run termination process on graduating trainees and report lists to various University constituents.
- Annually ensure programs are entering forwarding contact information on their graduates including address, email, phone, and mechanize reporting of contact information to University constituents.
- Annually prepare and publish trainee photo rosters on intranet for Provider access.
- Annually ensure intranet content is up-to-date, testing links, making recommendations for content organization; meet with Director/Dean to advise when changes or improvements are required.
- Assist GME Director with ad hoc tasks relative to accreditation and regulatory requirements, as-needed.
Graduation from college or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 3 years of related work experience including at least 1 year in an administrative capacity in an academic office or project management, or the equivalent experience in business.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with 1-2 years of experience in a general IT role. Candidate should understand Enterprise Systems, Identity Management, Basic Networking, VPN and SharePoint. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, who can identify and understand workflow and make suggestions for improvements. Candidate should have experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and be open to documenting such work to help train end users.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201719
Full/Part Time: Full-Time