University of Rochester Staff Physical Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 University Sports Medicine
Aids patients to correct and/or adjust to disabilities by selecting, adapting and using appropriate physical therapy procedures, following physician's orders; and participates in the University's teaching program.
Plans a program of patient treatment, related to diagnosis, prognosis, emotional needs or problems, patient's environment, etc., working from physician's general or specific order:
- Evaluates the patient's functional abilities and disabilities; applies or directs application of various measures and tests.
- Obtains supportive information from other sources, e.g., family members, nursing staff, etc.
- Determines types and frequencies of therapies.
- Recommends to physician, others involved, modification of program as needed.
- Provides treatments, using a variety of procedures and therapies.
- May work with and give task supervision to 1 or more physical therapy aides.
- Recommends, obtains and instructs in the use of adaptive and assistive devices.
- Instructs patient and family in use of equipment and techniques and counsels to ensure understanding and acceptance.
- Assures appropriate safety practices and maintenance of equipment.
Assists in planning for the patient's discharge from the hospital:
- Evaluates home facilities; suggests needed adaptations.
- Reviews pertinent details of the case with outside agency representatives.
Assists in directing, guiding and evaluating clinical experience of medical and paramedical students assigned to unit, including affiliating physical therapy students.
Maintains all required records and summaries.
Keeps current in the field by reading, attendance at selected professional meetings and seminars, etc.
Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy, or Bachelor's with certificate in Physical Therapy (usually 5 years). Master's in same or related field desirable. New York State license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Staff Physical Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201938
Full/Part Time: Full-Time