University of Rochester Staff Accountant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Simon Grad Sch Operations
The Staff Accountant will serve under the direction of the Executive Director of Finance and represent the department in his/her absence or as needed. This individual will perform independent review and analysis of financial information and proactively identify solutions for any issues identified. Must exercise knowledge of University financial systems, general accounting principles and technical expertise in financial analysis.
- Monthly Financial Reporting and Internal Control – He/She is an advisor to the Simon Community regarding Financial Policies and Procedures.The Staff Accountant will support management of the Simon School accounts; produce routine budget reports for the Deans and Directors; and work with the Executive Director to create systems for enhanced reporting and management.The Staff Accountant will have primary responsibility for reporting and validating that all Simon Accounts are reviewed and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Manage Billings to 3rd Parties (Journals and Bern/UBS) – Responsible to insure that all billings between the School and 3rd parties are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Purchasing Cards/Credit Card Processing – Designated as manager of the PCard program and supervisor of the credit card system on behalf of Simon
- ISIS / Tuition Revenue / Deposits / Fees - He/She is responsible for the accurate reporting and accounting of all items included in net tuition revenue.Inform those who need to know the status of income (fees, reimbursements) received via the credit card system.
- Annual Budget - The Staff Accounant will report to the Executive Director on Budget Planning and Financial Analysis regarding the school’s approximately $50 million annual budget. He/She will work with the Executive Director to manage the financial aspects of the Simon strategic planning process. Ensure that unit spending across the school is in direct support of the Simon mission. Elevate budget proposals and incremental spending to the Executive Director and Assistant Dean for approval
- Rankings – He/She will work to accurately report Simon data to various ranking organizations as determined by Simon.
- Other -Performs other related work as required including but not limited to fixed asset and space reporting and analysis of our international student loan programs
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with one year of professional experience in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Attention to detail and communications skills are critical components to this position.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 201433
Full/Part Time: Full-Time