University of Rochester Sr Physical Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 University Sports Medicine
Assists in supervision of staff and students; performs related administrative functions; performs all duties of Staff Physical Therapist.
Receives general guidance and supervision from the referring physician as to treatment of a particular patient and from the Chief Physical Therapist in areas such as administration of departmental policies, principles of supervision and teaching, and interdepartmental relations.
Assists in supervision of staff:
- May schedule and lead work of 1 or several Staff Physical Therapists, 1 or several Senior Aides and through the Physical Therapy Aides.Upon a physician's referral and own evaluation of patient's therapy needs, assigns the patient to Staff Physical Therapist, suggests types of treatment, guides and checks treatments given by staff members.
- Participates in on-the-job training of Aides, e.g., conducts course in elementary anatomy.
- Refers difficult or complex problems of treatment and supervision to the Chief Physical Therapist.
Teaches, directs, guides and evaluates performance of nursing, medical and affiliating physical therapy students.
May perform a variety of administrative tasks, such as:
- Purchases equipment for department as authorized.
- Purchases items for re-sale to patients.
- Assures that equipment is operational and in good repair; may make minor repairs and adjustments.
- Prepares departmental payroll records.
May represent the department and/or Chief Physical Therapist at a variety of professional meetings within the hospital (e.g., arthritis unit meetings, administrative meetings) and outside the University (e.g., at Public Health conferences, as a speaker on career panels at local schools, etc.).
Recommends improvements, e.g., policy changes, new equipment, etc., for consideration and action by superior.
Performs all other duties and responsibilities of a Staff Physical Therapist (see description).
Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelor's in Physical Therapy, or Bachelor's with certificate in Physical Therapy (usually 5 years). 2-3 years as a staff physical therapist. New York State license is required. Master's in Education or Administration particularly helpful, or in related scientific field such as Anatomy, Neurology, Physiology, etc. Membership in American Physical Therapy Association is desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Physical Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201937
Full/Part Time: Full-Time