University of Rochester Sr Operations Business Intelligence Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 6/30/18.
Provide in-depth analysis of the URMC business and quality requirements related to inpatient, ambulatory, and regulatory reporting needs. Develop both functional and technical specifications as part of the process to provide appropriate analysis and reporting solutions. Purpose is to function as a senior resource for implementing and designing operational and analytical reports for the EMR environment and/or other systems of record for operational and administrative uses, utilizing current reporting tools and applications. Provide dashboard and management reports to support administrative and quality/regulatory reporting requirements, leveraging appropriate reporting tools. Serve as the project support on multiple projects related to operations/analytics and complete required statuses of progress and updated related to supported projected and tasks. Willing to perform analysis and programming addressing challenging tasks supporting team processes as needed.
- Design reports and define requirements related to applications support for EMR and various projects in SQL, Crystal reports, Reporting Workbench, and other reporting applications.
- Utilize and analyze various data sources and define requirements related to business and quality needs for reporting requirements.
- Support projects, including maintaining reports and application support for EMR and associated data, and applications and affiliates.
- Evaluate electronic quality reporting and data needs in relation to current system(s). Recommend and participate in design, programming, and implementing reporting improvements to enhance management and monitoring for compliance and scorecards.
- Participate in related meetings to support various projects, and work with build team analysts on workflow to report translation.
- Coordinate associated reports; perform operational or procedural changes; design and present educational material; and coordinate communication with inpatient, outpatient, and primary care areas by providing instruction and assistance in utilizing reporting applications and associated data interpretation.
- Maintain current knowledge base and expertise relative to technology and software used in relation to eRecord and functional areas being supported, such as Reporting, Workbench, Crystal Reports, SQL, and analytics reporting tools.
- Develop detailed work plans for assigned projects and assess progress.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science, or Engineering with three to four years of related experience, preferably one to two years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Highly skilled in problem solving and analyzing data and data structures. Highly skilled in identifying causes of data issues and associated solutions. Experience working in healthcare sector. Experience working with MSSQL and reporting software applications. Experience with Crystal reports. Work well in team environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Operations Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202666
Full/Part Time: Full-Time