University of Rochester Sr Laboratory Engineer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Dean's Office SEAS
Responsible for instruction and training of students, staff and faculty through credit-bearing courses (EAS 142) and non-credit workshops in the programming and interfacing of microprocessors.
Responsible for instruction and training of students, staff and faculty through credit-bearing courses (EAS 143) and non-credit workshops in basic computer-aided drafting (CAD) using OnShape and Siemens NX.
Responsible for instruction and training of students, staff and faculty through credit-bearing courses and non-credit workshops in the use of the electronics fabrication and test equipment (power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators and soldering irons) in the Fabrication Studio.
Responsible for administrating the Fabrication Studio electronics and microprocessor lending library.
Coordinates electronics and microprocessor educational and student project activities in the Fabrication Studio and Shop. Interfaces with faculty, staff, individual students and student groups. Assists students working on fabrication projects associated with courses, independent projects and student group activities.
Supervises Rettner Fabrication Shop and Studio from 6:00 pm-11:00 pm Monday-Friday. In this role she/he:
Provides supervision of Rettner Hall Fabrication Studio and Shop, including the use of mechanical fabrication tools (lathes, mills, drill presses, band saw, table saw, miter saw and hand tools) in the late afternoon and early evening.
Supports student projects using Rettner Hall mechanical fabrication facilities in the late afternoon and early evening.
- Instructing students, staff and faculty in microprocessor programming and interfacing through credit-bearing courses and non-credit workshops.
- Instructing students, staff and faculty in the use of OnShape and Siemens NX CAD programs through credit-bearing courses and non-credit workshops.
- Supervising Rettner Fabrication Studio and Shop in the late afternoon and early evening.
- Interfacing with faculty, staff and students to support electronics fabrication projects performed in Rettner.
- Equipment and furnishings maintenance.Material management and procurement.
- Plans and performs all operations necessary to construct, alter, repair or adjust instruments, fairly complicated models, measuring apparatus and other equipment.
- Interprets mechanical and electronics drawings or sketches determining the appropriate method to solve the problem.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline plus 3-5 years of engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and engineering experience.
Prefer 5 years of practical experience in engineering support, electronics assembly and test, microprocessor programming and interfacing, proficiency in CAD and mechanical fabrication; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Laboratory Engineer
Location: Sch Engineering & App Sci
Job ID: 203461
Full/Part Time: Full-Time