University of Rochester Sr Financial Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Pharmacy SMH
Designs, collects, develops and enhances current financial data in management systems to provide financial planning and analysis support to Senior Pharmacy Department Leadership for Ambulatory Pharmacy Services. Maintains responsibility for assigned areas of Ambulatory Pharmacy Services financial management such as internal financial reporting, classification of accounts and funds, financial metric dashboards and third-party reimbursement systems. This position will collect and organize actionable data, creating dashboards and providing Senior Pharmacy Management with tools to measure and set goals.
Financial Statement Reporting
- Designs and develops detail reporting parameters to assure timely and accurate generation of reports to guide senior management.
- Develops and maintains detailed analyses of various statistical and financial information to be used for financial reporting.
- Performs analyses and tests to ascertain integrity of accounting data, account balances and timeliness of reporting.Makes day-to-day interpretations and decisions on the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- Responsible for the development and the maintenance of monthly departmental dashboard that encompasses numerous data sources and multiple variable statistics for all of Ambulatory Pharmacy Services.
- Operations (examples include daily reporting of scripts to bud, scripts TY vs LY)
- Clinical (examples include tracking of outcomes measures and adherence metrics)
- Quality (examples include patient and provider satisfaction)
- Financial (Examples include variance to budget and LY, capture percentages)
- Develops and maintains detailed analyses of various statistical and financial information to be used for financial reporting and reimbursement for multi-level analysis.
- Responsible for developing and managing reporting to review variance at various levels of the organization for Pharmacy Department Senior leadership.
- Maintains an in-depth awareness of financial accounting and reporting, analysis, decision support and reimbursement trends.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge on generally accepting accounting principles (GAAP) in order to ensure financial statements are accurate and in compliance with any changes in guidance.
Specialty Pharmacy Reporting/Monitoring
- Develops and maintains Specialty Pharmacy Specific dashboards for opportunity management for the various Specialty Pharmacy areas.
- Design and develops reports and dashboards for the Specialty Pharmacy to meet the requirements of contract terms for Limited Distribution Drug (LDD) data submissions and commercial payer agreements.
- Design and maintain Specialty Pharmacy dashboard or leakage report.Monitor for areas of opportunity and provide Senior Leadership with Opportunity Reports.
- Design and implement dashboard or tracking for Medication Access Rate to track and provide drug manufacturers data comparison of the Specialty Pharmacy to the national averages to leverage access to Limited Distribution Drug (LDD).
- Design and implement dashboard to track abandonment rate for prior authorizations.Track and measure secondary and tertiary appeal success.
- Create report to track patient assistance program usage, as well as free drug programs to provide to Pharmacy and Hospital Leadership.
- Create dashboard to track TOT (turnaround time) – how fast patients get medication in hand and measure same day access.
- Performs ad hoc analyses relating to assigned projects.
- Analyzes and interprets highly complex data, statistics and financial information.
- Researches and reports on factors influencing business performance both from a revenue cycle performance and a GL performance
- Attends various divisional Finance meetings as needed
- Acts as financial liaison to departments as directed by senior management, including attendance at various meetings with clinical leadership in order to improve efficiency and transparency of reporting of financial results at the departmental level.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of relevant experience in either public accounting (CPA preferred) and/or a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advance knowledge of Excel, and Tableau experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Financial Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202722
Full/Part Time: Full-Time