University of Rochester Sr Chemical Depend Counselor in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Strong Ties
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
To provide outpatient counseling services under direct supervision as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team caring for persons with substance use disorders (SUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders (COD), as well as their families. This includes participation in the intake process, as well as individual and group therapy as needed. The Senior CDC may have direct supervisory or mentoring responsibilities for Counselor Interns and non-senior Counselors within the Addiction Psychiatry Program.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team involving intake evaluation treatment. Coordinate care management services for patients, particularly with the various APP ambulatory programs, CPEP, and the inpatient unit.
- Evaluate drug and alcohol usage and determine level of care needed.
- Provide direct clinical services to assigned patients for extended dispositional evaluation, which may include taking a primary therapist and/or case management role (e.g. group and individual therapy in the form of intensive or aftercare groups).
- Document evaluation, disposition, and treatment in the patient’s chart in compliance with APP, Department, Hospital, and New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) policies.
- Give lectures/talks on specific topics to patients and their families.
- Participate in on-call activities of the APP, including after hours and daily on-call, particularly in liaison with Psych ED, Psychiatric Consultation/Liaison, Employee Assistance Program, etc.
Indirect Clinical Activity:
- Ensure that Hospital, Department, and Chemical Dependence Counseling policies and procedures are implemented with regard to professional practice, patient care, and disposition training.
- Provide supervision and consultation to interns, as assigned.
- Attends CDC Discipline and Program staff meetings.
- Participate in the routine committee processes and comply with departmental quality assurance and staff development activities.
- Participate in activities of the programs, including timely completion of statistical reports/forms, time sheets, other hospital forms, and Hospital and Division mandatory in-service training programs and UHS reviews.
Master’s degree in a discipline related to the human service field, and 1-2 years of related experience (prefer 5 years’ experience) in drug and alcohol dependence treatment preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. New York State certification as a Credentialed Alcoholism Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Chemical Depend Counselor
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202692
Full/Part Time: Full-Time