University of Rochester Sr Biomedical Equip Tech in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 081 Clinical Engineering
8AM-4:30PM; WKENDS / HOLS
Independently, is responsible for service on low, medium and high risk equipment as described in the URMC Environment of Care "Medical Equipment Management Plan". Responsible for service on high risk and life support equipment as described in the URMC Environment of Care "Medical Equipment Management Plan". Position involves preventive maintenance, safety inspection, calibration, installing, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electromechanical and electronic devices, training peers and other technicians. Position requires servicing equipment in both the hospital environment as well as at numerous offsite locations. Individual must be willing to work in close proximity to patients and staff in intensive care units and operating room settings. Position must have the ability to interface with all the members of the Clinical Engineering team effectively. Individual must have excellent customer service skills.
- Performs safety/preventive maintenance inspections and services electronic and electromechanical biomedical and dialysis equipment, to determine operational status and compliance with manufacturers and industry technical standards and specifications.
- Installs, maintains and calibrates electronic, electromechanical biomedical and dialysis equipment according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Troubleshoots, isolates equipment malfunctions and repairs electronic, electromechanical biomedical and dialysis equipment.
- Responds to operator complaints about equipment malfunctions, often involved in correcting operator errors.
- Performs equipment modifications when instructions, diagrams, prints, or schematics are provided for technical guidance.
- Maintains electronic medical equipment management database files for compliance with Accreditation requirements.
- Instruct other technicians in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment.
- On-call responsibility.
- Perform limited team leader duties in the absence of team leader as required.
- Work on special projects.
- Other duties as required.
AAS degree in Electronic or Instrumentation Technology with particular emphasis on Biomedical Engineering Technology and two to three years (prefer four to five years) of experience working on dialysis/water treatment equipment.
Able to read schematics and mechanical diagrams, basic computer skills and advanced networking and system integrations a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Biomedical Equip Tech
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203157
Full/Part Time: Full-Time