University of Rochester Sr Associate Registrar in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Registrar's Office RC
8 AM-5 PM
Serves as the senior management team leader under the direction of the University Registrar. Functions as the office manager for the registrar’s staff and directs the day-to-day management of the student service functions of the office. Supervises the Assistant Registrar for Degree Audit and Graduation Activities. Analyzes and delivers complex information gathered from multiple systems and in various formats ( the SIS, Data Warehouse, OnBase, FileMaker, National Student Clearinghouse) to assist administrative decision making processes in support of institutional goals and directives. Is responsible for registration activities, transcript management, enrollment verifications, assignment of graduation honors, transfer credit processing and repeat course maintenance.
- Analyzes and delivers complex information from multiple systems producing reports in various formats used for administrative decision making processes in support of institutional goals and directives.Develops complex queries and reports using Cognos, TSO, FileMaker Pro, and Excel including data conversion and file manipulation. Serves as a liaison to developers and support staff for the Student Information System and Data Warehouse systems for ongoing development and system enhancement.Serves as primary contact for the National Student Clearinghouse for the University.
- Assists the University Registrar in establishing departmental goals and objectives that are consonant with the goals and objectives of the College and University. This includes developing plans for the introduction of new systems and processes/procedures in support of the functions of the Office of the Registrar.
- Supervises registration, transcript, and verification functions of the office including management, troubleshooting, and coordination of the technical and functional relationship with the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provides management support for the general functions of the Office of the Registrar, including, but not limited to grading, degree audit, and commencement preparation. As office manager for the Office of the Registrar includes prioritization of work and deployment of clerical staff.Supports and promotes streamlining and enhancing business processes and functions of the office.Maintains documentation in support of the Student Information System, and monitors the department’s production schedule and procedural documentation.
- Drafts, revises, and prepares various communications with constituents of the office (including students, faculty, administrators, departments, and external parties) through appropriate media. Is a key contact with departments and participates as a member on various committees.
- Acts on behalf of the University Registrar in her/his absence and performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree and 3 years of experience (prefer 5 years’ experience) in position(s) requiring skills in developing systems, planning, training and managing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience is required. Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Associate Registrar
Location: The College
Job ID: 202644
Full/Part Time: Full-Time