University of Rochester Sr Accountant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Financial Services SMH
8 AM-5 PM
Financial Statement Reporting
- Performs monthly analysis and reconciliations to ascertain integrity of accounting data, account balances and timeliness of reporting.Makes day-to-day interpretations and decisions on the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- Utilizes Accountant role in UR Financials system to initiate online journal entry processing and query financial information for use in various analyses and reconciliations.
- Coordinates needed support for annual external audit requests, including:
- Ensuring required schedules are available for auditors prior to beginning of audit fieldwork
- Completing various audit work papers
- Assisting with the maintaining oftheconfirmation control log for external audits
- Uploading audit schedules intodatabase for external auditors
- Providing University Finance office required schedules for inclusion in University’s audited financial statements
Operating Budget Process/Monitoring
- Participates in the annual operating budget process at Strong Memorial Hospital, including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Reviews selected budget kits and assists in the preparation of budget materials for selected department hearings with senior management.
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst with the identification, notification and follow-up of departmental charge and expense variance reporting and attestation of ledger transactions on a monthly basis.
- Communicate significant departmental variances to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Budgeting for inclusion in the monthly financial statements.
- Assist with initial review of budget/FTE modifications and the recording of approved authorized FTE changes in the Hospital’s Manpower database.
- Assist with preparing necessary adjustments throughout the year to the Hospital charge budget and expense budget for any mid-year new or expanded business plans.
- On a daily basis, review and approve departmental personnel change and requisition forms through verification of authorized and actual FTE levels, review of impact on operating budget, and follow up with departments to obtain supporting analysis when needed.
- Coordinate the completion of various external surveys by SMH Financial Service staff, including the preparation of detailed financial information.
- May act as financial liaison to departments as directed by senior management, including attendance at various meetings with clinical leadership in order to improve transparency of reporting of financial results at the departmental level
- Assists in the processing of Patient Safety Attendant/RN Agency Traveler invoices for payment and resolving invoice discrepancies, while serving as the primary liaison between Hospital and outside agency vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a health care and/or University setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (strong working knowledge of Excel & Access).
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Critical thinking to ensure data is accurate.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Sr Accountant
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202217
Full/Part Time: Full-Time