University of Rochester Shift Supervisor in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Emergency SMH
Supervises and coordinate Off-Campus Emergency Department and Urgent Care administrative staff to ensure adequate support for clinical staff and site operations.
- Oversee EDAS Staff and support functions for off-campus Emergency Department and urgent care sites including facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times.
- Maintain knowledge regarding U of R, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure adequate training and communication to staff related to policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures as needed.
- Meet quality metrics developed by Operations Manager, such as co-pay collection targets, registration accuracy, etc.
- Function as ED Access Specialist if needed to meet staffing levels.
- Interview and hire staff for assigned shift.
- Complete timely performance appraisals and conduct disciplinary action as required.
- Work with Department Administrator and Operations Manager to ensure assigned staff is in compliance with mandatory in-service and training requirements.
- Develop and coach staff to provide outstanding customer service.
- Develop staff relationships to retain staff with a goal of minimizing a turnover rate of less than 10%.
- Utilize the HRMS system to submit accurate payroll information and resolve payroll problems.Have knowledge about current policies and procedures related to hourly staff.Maintain knowledge regarding appropriate forms associated with payroll
Associate’s degree in business field and 4-5 years’ experience in hospital billing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 2 years’ experience supervising staff in a high volume, customer service oriented environment. Hospital or clinical background preferred, but not required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Shift Supervisor
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202437
Full/Part Time: Full-Time