University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Neuropathology
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for independent judgement, perform routine and non-routine administrative/secretarial duties, primarily providing support for a subset of department faculty in their role as teacher, clinicians, and scholars. Responsibilities consist of clerical duties, including preparation of autopsy reports, quality assurance data capture and audits, funeral director support, arrangement of conference rooms and amenities for meetings and conferences, proofreading, and Excel and PowerPoint presentation preparation.
- Provide clerical assistance to the academic and research efforts of the Neuropathology and Autopsy faculty. Compose and type correspondence, perform library and computer searches, type scientific papers and course materials, update curriculum vitae and eCV, and provide general support in publication efforts with strict attention to detail and accuracy. Interact with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and physicians and staff of the Medical Center. Stay up-to-date with Medical center and hospital policies and procedures.
- Prepare autopsy reports (preliminary and final), and maintain logs of autopsies performed.
- Manage recurring pathology review conferences by preparing reports and slides.
- Support the funeral directors by signing out the decedents to the funeral directors. May need to assist funeral director in moving decedent if necessary.
- Produce and maintain department quality assurance records, including performing audits for billing accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Keep track of licensure paperwork, maintenance certifications, COQs, hospital privileges, etc.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations; prepare itineraries for interviews and travel; complete expense and reimbursement forms.
- Manage calendar and contacts for faculty.
- Cover for other clerical staff during absences and perform other duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant Lead and Unit Director.
Two years of post-high school education; secretarial or word processing studies; experience in an office setting or equivalent; a combination of education and experience. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Familiarity with advanced medical terminology and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Detail-oriented and organized.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202116
Full/Part Time: Full-Time