University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Pediatrics SMH
8AM-4:30PM OR 7:30AM-4PM; SCHEDULE MAY VARY BASED ON OPERATIONAL NEEDS; EARLY START THAN 7:30AM AS NEEDED
In conjunction with the Residency Administrator, the Sec IV provides direction, leadership and day-to-day management of the educational activities related to the resident training program. The Secretary must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying management structure of the program and of the larger institution in organizing and independently prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems and ensuring the orderly and timely workflow through the office. Demonstrates ICARE* values in each of the major responsibilities.
- Manage MedHub evaluation and scheduling system.
- As an ongoing process, create, edit, and assign resident, faculty and rotation evaluations. Respond to faculty, resident and program director inquiries and work directly with the Graduate Medical Education Office (GME) and MedHub personal to design and manage evaluations and resident schedules.
- Create, edit, and produce data reports semi-annually as well as on an as needed basis.
- Work closely with chief residents:Enter, upload, and edit resident schedules in MedHub, both manually and through Amion scheduling system.
- Coordinate outpatient rotation schedules for residents.
- Contact 20 local community practices, and schedule outpatient and elective rotations for each resident.
- Assign evaluations for the outpatient and elective rotations.
- Provide residency training verification forms and letters as requested by the program director, internal divisions, and outside institutions and organizations.
- Maintain current resident and alumni database, including current and previous clinical assignments.
- Manage resident and alumni files.
- Coordinate bi-annual resident/program director meetings and Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) meetings.
- Collect and distribute data. Gather information and develop summary sheets regarding each resident for each resident advisor/PD and committee members (including handling large volumes of confidential resident and faculty data).
- Assess, identify and communicate the needs from background material that will impact decisions regarding the CCC and/or PD meetings.
- Administrative support for residency office.
- Assist in coordinating and managing annual resident special events, which includes reserving locations, ordering catering, decorating, and clean-up for parties and annual meetings for 100-150 people.
- Assist in the annual recruitment process. Must be present and available to help with 175 applicants on all 12 recruitment days between October and January.
- Assist in other duties as assigned, but not limited to: filing, phone triage, spreadsheet and PowerPoint development, faxing, copying, running errands, etc.
2 years of post-high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Advanced secretarial skills required.
Prefer Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience. Experience with MedHub preferred. Knowledge of Amion scheduling software helpful. Experience with resident education, policy, procedures and regulations desired. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of common office technology is required.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must possess the ability to work independently and in a team setting with all levels of management, faculty, and staff. Must be willing to cross-train with other members of the residency office staff. Detail oriented and accuracy required. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and deadlines. Must be able to interpret and analyze residency regulations and adapt to changes in process as regulations warrant. This position requires daily interaction and communication with the residents, staff, and faculty on all levels.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201969
Full/Part Time: Full-Time