University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Center for Community Health
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under guidance from the Director of CSP-MC and Community Health Services, the Intake/Data Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for patient enrollment and data entry for the Cancer Services Program of Monroe County (CSP-MC) and the Ovarian Cancer Trial (OCT). The Intake/Data Specialist collects, enters, and edits data accurately and in a timely fashion; functions at the fullest capacity to assist in CSP-MC in attaining all performance measures and program goals; and appropriately consents women into the OCT study.
- Primary point of contact for CSP-MC patients and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial (OCT).
- Answers phone calls and assesses patient eligibility for cancer screening services. Enrolls eligible patients for breast, cervical, ovarian, and colorectal cancer screenings, and ensures all necessary paperwork is signed and returned, including: intake assessments, statements of confidentiality, signed informed consents. Creates new client files and manages open files.
- Coordinates with patients and providers to ensure appointments are scheduled and maintained. Responsible to accurately maintain client information in CSP-MC database or Excel spreadsheets. Tracks returns of clients’ informed consents and CRC screenings. Follows up with patients to remind about appointments and assist with barriers. Refers clients to community resources when appropriate, including public health insurance programs. Reports patients’ status to Director and NYS DOH CSP as required.
- Properly consent women into the OCT, contacting potential participants; reviewing eligibility requirements and discussing the study using a verbal script; determining participant eligibility for the study; completing the consent process; directing women to the lab; and ensuring lab reports are received timely; following up with participants throughout the duration of the study.
- Assists with monthly client recall process to remind patients of rescreening for CSP-MC and OCT. updates relevant databases with client status and completes data entry to indicate eligibility, refusal, or re-enrollment. Tracks and reports to Director and funders regarding clients who are lost to contact.
- Promotes the services of the program and increases awareness and educates through health fairs, screening days, and other community events as needed. Assists in routine office duties, clerical support, and any other duties as assigned. Attends meetings and trainings, as required.
Associate’s degree plus 3 years of experience in a medical setting and/or with physicians’ offices or billing staff. Must maintain IRB certification to conduct clinical trials and research studies. Uses computer programs proficiently, including the Internet; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; database management systems; data entry programs; insurance verification databases; and URMC systems. Must be comfortable with computers and learn new software quickly. Ensures the security and confidentiality of all data per HIPAA, PHI, and IRB guidelines. Requires experience working with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent customer service, and organizational and time management skills. Some weekends and evenings are required. Valid NYS Driver’s License and reliable transportation are necessary.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 202165
Full/Part Time: Full-Time