University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Psychiatry SMH Addiction Psych
9AM-5:30PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
With limited direction and latitude for independent judgment, provides clerical support and performs routine and non-routine duties, requiring advanced secretarial skills. Knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Office is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and QuickBooks). May oversee student(s) assisting in clerical duties when applicable. Subscribes to the Department’s goal of creating a culturally competent environment by, treating patient’s families, trainees, research subjects and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences. Participates in available cultural competence events and training.
- Provides clerical assistance to Addictions Psychiatry Administration. Assembles information, assists in preparation of budget requests; maintains files of confidential departmental budget, account, personnel and payroll records. Also, assists in the maintenance of program contracts.
- Performs secretarial duties including but not limited to; the sorting and routing of mail, triage of calls and visits, maintaining files and ordering/maintaining of office supplies, and maintaining of files, arranging travel and other accommodations. Typing of routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Maintains calendar for Director of Addictions Psychiatry; schedules meetings and meeting locations as directed.
- Assists Addictions Psychiatry Administration in preparing for various meetings and projects. This may also include taking minutes at various meetings as directed.
- Maintain the scheduling for the department group room. Assists with the maintenance of Ambulatory Policy & Procedure Manuals.
- Responsible for maintenance & troubleshooting of office copier, fax machine, shredder and primary printer
- Provides administrative back-up to the AA and other duties as assigned.
2 years of post high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 204413
Full/Part Time: Full-Time