University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 ED Admin. Support
8 AM-5 PM
With minimal supervision, this position serves as one of the principal assistants to the EM education division. Manages educational programs for the Department of Emergency Medicine for Pediatric ACGME Fellowship and Ultrasound Departmental Fellowship as well as provide secretarial support to fellowship directors. Serve as primary administrative contact for these programs with ancillary departments, as well as outside institutions.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Coordinator
Serve as program coordinator – Address fellowship issues on a daily basis including coordination of application process for interested candidates, insure all files are properly maintained for applicants and current fellows, set up interviews for candidates, coordinate internal fellow evaluations as well as those pertaining to outside rotations, attend monthly ACGME coordinator meetings to ensure the educational program meets ACGME policies and procedures and to ensure program compliance. Prepare orientation manual/documents and organize annual block and didactic conference schedules. Prepare ACGME internal and external review documents. Ability to learn specialized applications including a web-based GME software system (MedHub) for organizing and maintaining trainee schedules, evaluations, duty-hour collection, procedure logs, updating curriculums, etc. Implementation of new ACGME Next Accreditation System (NAS) and semi-annual reporting of trainee performance. Support fellows for travel arrangements, CME and expireable items as required by the program. Support program director.
Emergency Ultrasound Education
- Coordinates and oversees as administrative lead for Emergency Ultrasound Education for Emergency Medicine faculty, fellows, and residents to insure proper training and delineation of privileges, includes management of ultrasound procedures to insure competency.
- Oversees ultrasound rotations for EM residents including schedules.
- Coordinates and sees the annual Emergency Ultrasound Conference for participants from multiple sites to insuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.Organize and manage agenda, promotional materials and incorporation of prior years’ feedback for program improvements.
- Oversees and coordinates all aspects of on-going EM faculty ultrasound training as required by SMH credentialing policies. Including but not limited to interaction with vendors and University Center for Experiential Learning.
EM Simulation Program
- Provide administrative support for the EM program and the URMC Associate Dean of Simulation
- Coordinate Simulation Elective schedule between Emergency Medicine simulation director and other departments within the University and School of Nursing.
- Manage calendars, arrange meetings; prepare correspondence and transcription using MS Word, PowerPoint presentations and projects as assigned. Prepare financial requisitions and reimbursement for faculty. Manage inventory of office supplies and ordering.
Combination of an Associate Degree and relevant work experience, or a combination of at least 3 years of administrative office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Intermediate to advanced secretarial skills and proficiency in MS Office products specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Candidate must possess excellent organizational and follow through skills, be detail oriented and able to prioritize their work. Candidate must be able to work independently and have a high level of maturity in making decisions and must have excellent judgment/discernment serving as our internal and external departmental representative for our educational programs.
Effective written and verbal communication skills. High-level computer skills essential in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn a web-based GME software system (MedHub), as well as Blackboard and other web-based systems for organizing and maintaining trainee schedules, evaluations, procedure logs, updating curriculums, etc.
Perform routine and non-routine duties requiring secretarial skills and proficiency with minimum direction and ability to use common sense judgment.
Ability to function independently, use discretion and attend to detail with minimal supervision. This position necessitates good judgment with assertive problem-solving skills, a team player, strong customer relations skills and an inquisitive, mature individual with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and challenges. This position also requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201858
Full/Part Time: Full-Time