University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Social Work-Patient & Fam Svcs
The Interpreter Services Secretary provides administrative support to the Interpreter Services Program. The secretary overseas all aspects of the scheduling process for the department, completes all phases of the billing process, coordinates of all language translations for UR Medicine and acts as the liaison for all vendors (CyraCom) including (telephonic and document translation) services (ordering, billing and consultation). With minimum direction accompanied by initiative, independent judgment and confidentiality, the Secretary IV must have the ability to prioritize (and assign to scheduling secretary when needed) the following tasks:
Coordinator of Interpreter Services Office and Scheduling
- Oversees all aspects of scheduling (Spanish/Sign/Foreign Language) for UR Medicine to ensure the office provides excellent customer services to patients, families, departments and vendors.Assesses urgency of department need and determines appropriate response to requests.Negotiates with departments to reschedule appointments at times when interpreters are available.
- Collaborates with foreign language vendors to secure last minute requests, relays department needs and handles all vendor complaints.
- Receives telephone requests from Spanish speaking patients, determines level of urgency regarding patient care and recommends appropriate action (e.g. Refer to ED versus schedule an appt.).
- Oversees the Interpreter Services Request process, including assigning the interpreters, ensuring all requests are answered, confirmed, and filled in a timely manner, and analyzing potential resources for overflow.
- Coordinates On-Call Interpreter web paging system schedules and Interpreter Services Contact Sheet.Independently investigates scheduling gaps.
- Coordinates foreign language document translations for UR Medicine departments.Analyzes department need and assigns a resource to fulfill document request.Serve as point of communication for both the requestor and the translator.
- Received and respond to all Spanish Interpreter services requests; book Spanish interpreters based on staff availability and patient’s needs. Hold on-call pager and dispatch interpreters as needed.
- Review quality check report to ensure bookings by clinics is correct.
- Supervises, recruits and trains scheduling secretary with all aspects of scheduling foreign language interpretation services for patient/families within UR Medicine.Provides input regarding work performance.Supervises the scheduling secretary to ensure interpreters are scheduled for the day; requests have been addressed; and departments have received notifications of confirmations or rescheduling.
- Assigns tasks and projects to scheduling secretary.
Interpreter Services Billing System
- Manages the Billing for UR Medicine Interpreter appointments requiring reimbursement.Ensures proper documentation is attached to each appointment and resolves all issues, i.e. situations lacking documentation.
- Ensures appointments are billed to the appropriate departments.
- Independently investigates and resolves invoice disputes.
- Collaborates with departments and Accounts Payable if payments are not processed in a timely manner. Reviews department ledger and independently resolves reconciliation issues.
- Reviews vendor invoices, investigates, and resolves issues with all vendors.
- Approves Interpreter Mileage Reimbursement forms.
Administrative Support for Manager of Interpreter Services
- Coordinate meetings/conference room and provide other administrative support for the Manager, recommending agenda items for staff meetings when appropriate.
OPI (Over the Phone Interpretation) Liaison
- Serves as liaison for UR Medicine departments and vendor (CyraCom), which includes document translation and URMC staff language assessment services.
- Manages the contract, including allocating cordless phone usage and cost.
- Coordinates the vendor telephone order/return process.
- Formulates and analyzes vendor usage data and develops reports, recommends cost-saving initiatives.
- Install phones and troubleshoot as necessary.
Other Duties as assigned/needed
- Issue and track the Interpreter Services Parking Business Passes.
- Issue pagers and telephone equipment to Interpreters.
- Develop and maintain the Interpreter Services SharePoint site.
- Participate in Department Committees, including Lean Performance Improvement, recommending and implementing measurement processes.
- Provide backup coverage for the Interpreter Secretary and the Care Management’s and Social Work Reception Desk.
- Arrange Spanish language assessments for hospital staff.
Two years of post-high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimal supervision and direct an office operation. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred. Interpreter experience in health care setting preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201970
Full/Part Time: Full-Time