University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 EIOH General Dentistry
8 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS/NIGHTS
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs highly advanced secretarial duties in a fast-paced academic and medical service environment, in support of the clinical, educational, and academic program in the Division of General Dentistry. Responsibilities include support to the Division Chair and Sr. Administrator and Administrative Assistant, telephone triaging and management, resident time and calendar management, and information/data support. This position is responsible for editing and completing AEGD yearbook at the end of program year and assisting with special functions and projects and performs duties while remaining sensitive to the cultural diversity of patients, colleagues, and visitors needs and concerns.
- Serves as primary contact for residents in coordinating residency clinical rotations and schedules, and answering questions as needed. Coordinates all graduation requirements of residents with Administration.
- Assists with didactic schedule. Works closely with Administration on organizing and scheduling all divisional courses, events and seminars involving the dental trainees.Tracks continuing educational credits.This includes coordination with Faculty, External Providers, Vendors, Clinical Schedule, Residents, and Division Chair. Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Researches, collects, edits and compiles information and pictures for AEGD yearbook at the end of program year. Researches and negotiates with potential vendors for the production of yearbook, creation and design of departmental flyers and brochures. Experience in Microsoft Office including Publisher, Excel, and Word.
- Manages routing supplies and ensures expenses, including physician dues, fees and related practice expenses, are reimbursed appropriately. Pays all miscellaneous bills for General Dentistry and incurred bills during the CE events, maintaining financial records of all financial transactions of the seminars. Handles and prepares necessary U of R forms and invoices.
- Provides overall secretarial assistance as needed, such as typing, filing, photocopying, scanning, and the sorting and routing of mail. Serves as departmental receptionist and maintains files. Maintains minutes for meetings including staff, faculty and residents. Maintains files of correspondence, reports, etc.
- Provides assistance on special projects as needed. All other tasks as assigned and performs other related duties.
Requires Associate’s degree in business or administrative related field or the equivalent and at least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation; or a combination of formal training and experience. Requires advanced secretarial, writing and communications skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Publisher, Power Point and Excel).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 201889
Full/Part Time: Full-Time