University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Med M&D-Infect; Dis STD Clinic
8 AM-4:30 PM
To provide clerical support for faculty and staff at CHBT, including logistics coordination, data entry of course evaluations, management of course participants in SIMON, monthly trainer productivity reports and site coordination.
- Provides clerical support: Provides clerical assistance to staff in the following ways:Answers phones, provides word processing, faxing, copying, zipping files, burning DVDs and accesses articles via internet.Also provides daily monitoring and distribution of CHBT e-mail and fax inbox contents, courier and USPS mail.Assists with projects as needed, including, but not limited to, grant preparation, grant proposals, budgets, and materials for site visits.Manages office petty cash account.Maintain an inventory of CHBT training manuals, ordering more as needed.Responsible for updating the training events worksheet, as needed.Assures adequate inventory of training, marketing, office and refreshment supplies, ordering and re-stocking as needed.Maintain CHBT Equipment Inventory; including tagging new equipment and updating Equipment log in Excel as needed.
- Training logistics: Maintains current curricula and other training materials by incorporating revisions, formatting and preparing course manuals.Assists in preparation for training delivery. Coordinates requirements of training participants during course delivery. Arranges for pre-shipping of training materials.Approves/Rejects/Waitlists course registrants and sends appropriate documentation of such (i.e. confirmation letter) to same.Completes training logistics form for out-of-town training with host of such training.
- Travel – Make travel arrangements for all CHBT staff, including flight/rail/car rental, hotel, etc., ensuring best prices.Works with UR Finance office to get tax exempt forms for staff traveling within NYS or for vendors when purchasing items.
- Course evaluation: Data enters course evaluation information for CHBT courses, ensuring their accuracy and maintaining electronic filing of them by quarter/by grant.
- Lead Clerical Support:
- Prior to Course: Monitor assigned courses in SIMON and assure that lead trainer is kept up to date with regard to number of participants registered throughout registration period and communicate with appropriate staff on any issues that arise. Assists in preparation for training delivery – including, but not limited to, printing sign-in sheet(s), prepare student folders and handouts, update lobby whiteboard, and other pre-course paperwork. Track shipped manuals & materials to assure they have been received by host agency prior to training day – for out-of-town trainings.
- During course: Brews coffee and puts breakfast out for training participants on on-site training days, cleans up breakfast items from participant snack room and sets out afternoon snack, cleaning up area and re-stocking at end of training day. Handles requests of training participants during course delivery for on-site trainings, including continuing education credit requests.
- Post course: Completes post-course paperwork per protocol and refiles left-over training materials to reduce unnecessary duplication of course materials. Responsible for updating course and participants status in SIMON upon course completion. Follow funder protocols regarding post course data requirement.
- Trainer Productivity:Prepare monthly trainer productivity report and distribute to required individuals.
- IS Related:Maintains and expands knowledge of SIMON database and WebEx and assists CHBT staff with the use of it as requested.Approves appropriate training registrants for CHBT courses.
- Time Approver – ensure accurate staff time entry (checking time book and getting clarification is discrepancies) and approve it in HRMS, for all CHBT staff.Communicate with UR payroll or other departments if questions arise about codes to enter for staff who are on leave, etc., to ensure accuracy of pay.
- Finance – Prepares request for payment and purchase order requests as needed in conjunction with the finance coordinator.Reviews trainers travel reports to ensure accuracy before giving to Finance Coordinator for sign-off.
- Meetings: Participates in Training Team meetings. Provides clerical support for meetingsor CHBT staff and guests, as well as training staff retreat days.Act as “scribe” for training team meetings and others as needed.Updates training events worksheet in said meetings.
- Site Coordination:Main contact person for various issues @ CHBT including maintenance, rodent control, water issues, etc. that require attention and action of property manager (Cabot Group).
- Marketing: Produces marketing materials including course flyers, and posting announcements on SIMON.
- Computer Software Programs: Maintains knowledge of and utilizes computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Adobe PageMaker, Microsoft Office 2000 and Microsoft Works, zipping files, burning DVDs and accessing articles on library web.Provides training in the use of these programs for other CHBT staff.
2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants. Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute and to transcribe at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment. OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 200067
Full/Part Time: Full-Time