University of Rochester Reservations Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Student Activities-Stu Life
The Reservation Coordinator will serve as the primary point person for all student organization reservation requests and provide administrative oversight to all reservations in student life spaces overseen by WCSA. This position is a member of the Wilson Commons Student Activities team and will represent WCSA on committees and attend departmental meetings. This position reports to the Associate Director of Student Life Operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of University policies in the coordination of all reservation requests submitted by student organizations in EMS (Event Management System)
- Manage and update student organization virtual EMS contacts
- Provide administrative oversight to all reservations in student life spaces overseen by WCSA
- Creates and generate reports on space utilization, provides analysis of data
- Coordinate with other reservation coordinators
- Prepare invoices and independently initiates billing
- Attend and contribute to advising, event planning, and other applicable meetings
Manage all reservation requests submitted by student organizations and select departments
- Utilize EMS (Event Management System) to process a large volume of reservation requests from our over 200 student organizations, Wilson Commons Student Activities, the Music Department, and the program of Dance and Movement.
- Manage and update student organization virtual EMS contacts submitted through Collegiate Link software.
- Use independent judgement to navigate competing reservation requests and priority usage for space.
- Promote EMS usage and serve as a resource for its use within the department.
- Serve as sole person responsible for managing card reader access to student life spaces using Lenel software.
- Serve as liaison to the Music Department and the department of Dance and Movement.
Provide administrative oversight to all reservations in student life spaces overseen by WCSA.
- Review all reservation requests in student life spaces, verify appropriate fit, and with delegated authority approve for processing.
- Prepare invoices and initiate billing for equipment rentals and services.
- Review and verify settlements from direct bill departments including Event and Classroom Management.
- Track, analyze and present space usage information for benchmarking and planning purposes.
- Work with student groups and their advisors to proactively anticipate space needs for long-term planning; strategize with department leadership to enhance space planning.
Coordinate with other reservation coordinators
- Maintain a working relationship with other reservation coordinators at the college.
- Coordinate with the registrar on courses placed in student life spaces.
- Keep reservation coordinators up to date on policies related to student life spaces and their use.
- Attend and be an active participant in EMS Users meeting..
Create reservation policies and maintain information on website
- Write and update policies related to student organization usage and student life space.
- Ensure updated policies are shared with advisors, other reservation coordinators, and are updated online.
Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with EMS (Event Management System) or other reservation systems preferred
- The ability to work autonomously within a team of skilled professionals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Reservations Coordinator
Location: The College
Job ID: 202624
Full/Part Time: Full-Time