University of Rochester Rehabilitation Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Child/Adoles
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Subscribe to the department’s goals of creating a cultural competent environment by treating patients, families, trainees, research subjects, and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences. Participate in available events and trainings.
Direct Clinical Service:
- Conduct initial assessment and diagnostic evaluations of identified patients and their families.
- Design appropriate therapeutic treatment plans with clearly defined therapeutic goals.
- Conduct evidence-informed treatment with patients and families.
- Collaborate with outpatient team members to provide coordinated care.
- Complete and maintain professional documentation.
- Assess successful completion of therapeutic goals, and plan termination of therapy accordingly.
- Meet minimum target for units of service set by service director.
- Collaborate with referral sources and other professionals, both internal and external, throughout patient care activities.
- Mobilize family and natural support networks when necessary.
- Establish and regularly maintain cooperative working relationships with community and health care agencies and professional and administrative staff of the Medical Center and University.
Additional Professional Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional standards by reading, attending seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Competent eRecord user.
- Attend weekly clinical, training, and supervision meetings.
- Participate in departmental and programmatic diversity presentations, and meets annual training expectations on diversity.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the Department of Psychiatry and University by modeling honesty and integrity.
- Personally committed to understanding and meeting the unique needs of external and internal customers.
- Contributes to the vision and mission of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Program.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Department of Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance issues.
Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in a related health/occupational field and two to three years of relevant experience working with children and adolescents in a mental health capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in a mental health field preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Rehabilitation Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202704
Full/Part Time: Full-Time