University of Rochester Receptionist Clerk II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 005 Social Work-Patient & Fam Svcs
This is a temporary 4 month, benefit eligible position.
Receptionist/Clerk provides clerical support functions for the Admitting, Inpatient Financial Counseling, Financial Assistance and Financial Case Management and Patient Relations. Typical duties performed include data entry, making system transactions, verifying information from a variety of automated and manual sources. Must have the ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Answers switchboard phone and directs callers to appropriate representatives using information obtained from the caller and the computer system or provides assistance directly. Responds to patients and hospital personnel inquiring about their bills, insurance companies, patient units, physician offices and general information.
- Provides the sorting and distribution of reports as required by the position. Provides the needed copies of reports for various departments.
- Provides support to Bed Control to assure communication of placement information, private room requests, and requests from units regarding status of patients. Also directs funeral home personnel and calls to the correct Admitting Officer.
- Greets and assists patients/families at reception desk. Determines appropriate representative to assist with inquiry or provides assistance directly.
- Secures appropriate personnel to facilitate resolution to billing issues, both past and present, and for Charity Care applicants that present at the Reception Desk.
Strong Hotel and Lodging Services
- Processes for Strong Hotel and Lodging Services hotel reservations daily. Reservations received in-person, over the phone, OR Schedule, fax machine, Dr. Offices and from other departments.
- Keeps in contact with the partnership hotels for room availability.
- Records confidential reservation information in the Strong Guest Services database.
- Faxes over reservation request to hotel and awaits confirmation.
- Contacts guest with confirmation number, informs guest of hotel services, and gives specific directions to hotels.
- If the reservation is for Strong Lodging, a note is entered in Flowcast regarding the $20 meal reimbursement, and the requesting department receives a fax confirming the reservation.
- Keeps reservation paperwork on file for review by the Billing Assistant.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The receptionist must possess a high school diploma or equivalency with two to three years related business experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft Office-Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Receptionist Clerk II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201600
Full/Part Time: Full-Time