University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist MRI in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 094 MRI Radiology
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED OFF SITE AT HIGHLAND HOSPITAL.
The Radiologic Technologist MRI, under the direction of the MRI Clinical Manager, Assistant Supervisor MRI and Radiologic Technologist MRI contributes to the Department’s activities and supports enhancement of the care provided at the department level. The Radiologic Technologist MRI supports peers in the delivery of Imaging Sciences MRI services. The Radiologic Technologist MRI provides expert patient care, serves as a resource, consults as requested and communicated effectively with all internal and external customers. The Radiologic Technologist MRI will perform MRI exams safely, efficiently, and of diagnostic quality. MRI experience preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and utilize all MRI equipment including imaging coils, patient monitoring systems, and related articles.
- Perform appropriate MRI examination on properly identified patient in a safe and timely manner.
- Evaluate image quality by troubleshooting scanner or coil problems and scan parameters.
- Identifies and compensates for imaging artifacts.
- Reviews MRI registration and screening form thoroughly in order to confirm safe access into magnet room.
- Performs all filming, archiving and PACS network data management for each patient scanned.
- Continues to evolve in learning new techniques with each subsequent scanner upgrade.
- Communicates all pertinent patient information to necessary staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
New York State Licensure as Radiologic Technologist. ARRT Certification with current CE credits. 2 years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist MRI
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 202314
Full/Part Time: Part-Time