University of Rochester Radiologic Technologist CT in Rochester, New York
Part Time 30 hours Grade 094 Imaging Sciences - OP Bldg
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality CT image. Able to effectively work in all areas of CT.
- Follows prescribed CT procedures and protocols in order to produce a quality image.
- Translates CT requisitions in order to verify patient name, date, and appropriate exam.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the CT rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the IDXRAD system. Properly identifies image.
- Handles all CT equipment safely and properly including the PACS system.
- Assists with the training of new radiologic technologists.
- Capable of working in CT independently and rotating thru the on-call schedule.
- Translates doctor’s orders into appropriate CAT Scan procedures, including preparing and position patient for examination and operation CAT Scan equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Sets up the CT room for invasive procedures, assists the physician with procedures.
- 3-D reformatting of 2-D imaging.
- Utilizes proper sterile technique when appropriate
- Interacts in a respectful manner, considerate of age and physical abilities (i.e., sight and hearing needs).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient from neonate thru geriatrics.
- Possesses the ability to assess the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs as per department policies and procedures.
- Develops and/or supervises the analysis of patient information and interpretation of data to provide an appropriate plan and intervention specific for age related needs and provision of care.
- Interactions are courteous, clear and helpful to the customer.
- Creates positive interface between Radiology Department and all it’s customers, both internal and external.
- Does not allow personal conflicts or problems to interfere with interactions. Does not participate in gossip.
- Understands customer’s unique needs and expectations.
Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in an AMA approved school; licensure by State of New York Department of Health, Article 35 of the Public Health Law; registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; and 2-3 years experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist CT
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203190
Full/Part Time: Part-Time