University of Rochester Rad Technologist CT-Per Diem in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 094 Imaging Sciences-Strong West
- Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality CT image. Able to effectively work in all areas of CT.
- Follows prescribed CT procedures and protocols in order to produce a quality image.
- Translates CT requisitions in order to verify patient name, date, and appropriate exam.
- Produces quality work in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the CT rooms.
- Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the IDXRAD system. Properly identifies image.
- Handles all CT equipment safely and properly including the PACS system.
- Assists with the training of new radiologic technologists.
- Capable of working in CT independently and rotating thru the on-call schedule.
- Translates doctor’s orders into appropriate CAT Scan procedures, including preparing and position patient for examination and operation CAT Scan equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Sets up the CT room for invasive procedures, assists the physician with procedures.
- 3-D reformatting of 2-D imaging.
- Utilizes proper sterile technique when appropriate
Satisfactory completion of formal training in an ARRT approved School of Radiologic Technology. Current NYS Licensure and ARRT certification required. One year experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Rad Technologist CT-Per Diem
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202776
Full/Part Time: TAR