University of Rochester Project Nurse in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Medicine M&D-Infect; Dis Unit
8 AM-4:30 PM
Deliver Direct Patient Care:
- Screens potential volunteers, explains study in detail and reviews inclusion/exclusion criteria with potential candidate.
- Administer detailed psychosocial history, risk behavior questionnaire, other enrollment questionnaires, and obtain informed consent.
- Administer study product and procedures per protocol as required.
- Provide behavioral risk reduction and substance abuse counseling as appropriate, referrals made based on need.
- Evaluate patients for systemic or local reactions to study product or protocol procedures.
- Determine AE (Adverse Events) or SAE (Serious Adverse Event), complete CRF-AE or SAE form and forward to the DSMB or the appropriate central office at the NIH.
- Arrange for blood, urine and mucosal samples as directed by specific protocol. Order all appropriate tests and assure that specimens are received and processed in a timely manner.
- Complete all case report forms and verify laboratory data.Review data queries from DSMB.
- Attend HVTN meetings as budget constraints allow.
- Review literature and remain current on all phases of HIV vaccine research.
Position requires a RN Nursing degree and 3-5 years of clinical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Nurse
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 203674
Full/Part Time: Full-Time