University of Rochester Project Nurse in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 044 SON CNE Ctr Entrepreneurship
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 6/30/18.
Do you want to engage the full extent of your education to really make a difference in someone's life? Are you passionate about promoting wellness and providing exceptional care? Do you want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to improving individual health and well-being?
The University of Rochester School of Nursing currently has an exciting opportunity for a Wellness Nurse in our Center for Employee Wellness. As trusted professionals with extensive knowledge of health and wellness, our mission is to provide personalized care and outstanding service. We are looking for nurses who are dedicated to helping our clients live healthier lifestyles through individual engagement, health assessments, lifestyle coaching and chronic disease management programs. You will be part of a team of highly motivated professionals working to create a culture of wellness and well-being in the community.
With chronic disease and obesity on the rise worldwide, traditional medical providers and government agencies are shifting focus to prevention and wellness. Today more than half of global employers are using health promotion strategies to keep people well. The University of Rochester School of Nursing has risen to the challenge and developed an innovative, comprehensive and evidence-based employee wellness program, known as the UR Medicine Employee Wellness Program. We offer wellness programs directly to employers in the Rochester and surrounding region. As part of this rapidly growing approach to healthcare you will make a difference every day.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- A strong focus on wellness and preventative care that treats individuals before they get sick
- The ability to build strong one-on-one patient/provider relationships
- The chance to have a direct role in helping clients live healthier lifestyles
- The opportunity to work outside the traditional clinical setting
- Flexibility to achieve work-life balance
Nurses in the Center for Employee Wellness (CEW) provide direct care services to clients in a variety of settings. Nurses perform full panel biometric screenings using point of care testing (POCT) and provide follow up counseling and education about strategies to improve or maintain health. Nurses also refer/recommend clients to appropriate programs. Our nurses work in a fast paced, collaborative environment where nursing expertise is valued and independent practice is realized. Nurses report to Chief Wellness Officer.
Employee Wellness - Biometrics
- Conduct POCT biometric screenings.
- Integrate information in real time from biometric screenings; educate and counsel participant on outcomes.
- Engage and encourage participant to follow-up with personal health assessments and other resources to make measurable improvements in their wellness goals.
- Make referrals as appropriate to PCP, Condition Management, Lifestyle Management, Behavioral Health Partners, and other programs based on participant needs.
- Use technology effectively to meet client needs.
- Communicate with other service providers.
- Provide onsite nurse wellness coaching utilizing information from various sources including biometric screening and personal health assessments.
- Stay current with best practices in the health and wellness field.
- May oversee other clinical staff and clerks to assure smooth administration of clinical services and/or participate in coordination of off-site clinics and group sessions.
Registered Nurse with current CPR certification.
Licensed Registered Nurse with excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced clinical environment. Nurses must be able to travel to employer sites to provide services. Use of a car (reimbursement for mileage provided) and a current New York State driver’s license is required. Basic computer skills are essential.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Nurse
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 203860
Full/Part Time: TAR