University of Rochester Project Director, Help Desk in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Develops, implements, and directs enterprise wide information systems and the staff that provide Help Desk services in support of URMC technology users. Responsibilities include directing a staff of specialists and coordinating inter-departmental efforts in the areas of communication and documentation, intake and triage of service requests, coordination of systems access, production of reports and downloads, and other related services.
Under general direction and with considerable latitude for exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Provides direction and supervision for staff with Customer Services / Help Desk, including internal and external resources required to ensure quality services.Allocates and assigns personnel and technical resources to meet all Medical Center needs.Recruits, schedules and evaluates personnel.
- Oversees and coordinates customer service support to ISD clients, to ensure that it functions as an effective single point of contact for enterprise-wide computer and network system users.Coordinates activities, procedures, and customer service support with ISD Management and other University IS/IT groups. Establishes priorities, escalation and other customer service processes.
- Establishes and implements procedures with regard to system access (provisioning and de-provisioning).Coordinates the issuance of new user sign-on codes and passwords for various systems.Consults with and provides guidance to customers on hardware, software, and networking requirements. Formulates and prepares plans with activities, dependencies dates and time frames, resource requirements, milestones and deliverables. Communicates with technical and administrative department heads regarding IS support.
- Provides analysis and technical expertise required to support the implementation of enterprise wide information systems and new business initiatives. Prepares analyses and presents recommendations to ISD Management.Provides direction for coordinating the intake of all service and system change requests and triaging them to the appropriate IS/IT Groups.Develops and implements escalation and triage procedures.Develops standards and provides direction for the proper use Help Desk tracking program.
- Identifies new technologies, methodologies and applications to resolve issues and meet the growing demands for information technology, access, and support.Provides direction for the coordination, development, and maintenance of information regarding education and training services related to information systems technologies available through various University departments and external companies.Coordinates the development of internal training programs for some PC supported software and applications.
- Maintains high level of communication with ISD Management including escalation of problems or issues, recommendation of procedural changes, and communication of customer comments, concerns, and suggestions. Develops and maintains call tracking and reporting.Follows all ISD administrative standards (e.g., timely time reporting and requests, call-in procedure, etc.). Actively participates in departmental meetings and assigned teams/committees as assigned.These include on-going interdepartmental groups as well as special assignments.
- Assists with designs, coordinates and oversees the Medical Center wide strategy for information initiatives and efficient cost effective deployment of information systems.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science or Business Management.
- 4-5 years of Customer Service, Systems Development, or Information Technology related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Moderate level of PC, MAC, and Windows experience and understanding and a basic understanding of networks, LAN's, WAN's, TCP/IP, Novell, etc. preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, effective questioning, listening, and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Hospital or Healthcare experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Director, Help Desk
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201504
Full/Part Time: Full-Time