University of Rochester Program Assistant, Simon Alumni Engagement in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-4:30 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
The Program Assistant, with minimal direction and with latitude for independent judgment, implement a robust Simon Advancement event calendar and alumni engagement plan. This position is responsible for a wide range of departmental duties, primarily planning events and meetings for alumni, top level donors and prospects both locally, domestically and internationally. The Program Assistant will work in close collaboration with the Director to plan and execute high impact events for Simon alumni. Coordinate with Simon departments that bring alums back to campus in support of their efforts. Continually benchmark Simon Advancement stewardship and event protocols, using benchmark analysis to recommend new strategies to ensure high quality output . This position involves considerable interaction with alumni, advancement staff, Simon School dean’s office, faculty members, vendors, and other constituents.
Event Management and Execution
Work closely with the Director on all events, meetings, mailings, publications, and reporting related to Simon School events, including: Execute all alumni and donor event activities planned by Simon Advancement. Manage events, being the main point of contact for event preparation and event follow-up. Ensure that each event is successful. This includes: management and oversight of registration and RSVP’s; confirmation and pre-event follow up; day- of event responsibilities including check-in and name tags; event summaries; finance and attendance reports; financial reconciliation; gift processing; event acknowledgements; follow-up and future planning as well as event staff/volunteers/students.
- Volunteer Management*
Coordination of Simon volunteer management efforts including identification and recruitment of new volunteers. Coordinate with the Director in managing the Simon National Council, Simon Advisory Council and Simon Alumni Board, including planning and execution of meetings and ownership of records management for all committee members. These three organizations meet multiple times annually and directly intersect with Simon’s top development prospects. Work with Executive Director and Director to implement an annual plan of continual connectivity for all Simon volunteer board members. Oversees the Simon Business Class Notes and Class Correspondent volunteer program, an entry level engagement opportunity that often leads to a larger volunteer role.
School Based Volunteer Engagement
Develop and maintain system to identify and track alumni engagement with the following Simon departments: Admissions, Career Management Center, Student Services, NYC Programs, Marketing, and Executive Programs. Record non-Advancement engagement in OASIS to optimize and enhance prospecting conversations and strategies. Evaluate cross-departmental activities to inform Simon Advancement event planning.
Develop and execute monthly issues of the Simon Assets e-newsletter. Facilitate all email Messages from the Dean as well as periodic School updates.
- Bachelor’s degree, 1-2 years of work experience in a marketing organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Higher-education experience preferred, as is experience with event logistics.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to plan, prioritize, and track details of multi-stage projects and multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision but as a member of a team to accomplish objectives
- Strong customer service experience
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Capability with Microsoft Office suites of programs, relational customer databases, and basic office equipment.
- Occasional travel outside of the Rochester area; evening and weekend work
- Ability to climb stairs and lift boxes and other supplies with or without reasonable accomodation. Access to car and ability to do errands on campus and within the local area as needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Program Assistant, Simon Alumni Engagement
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 202216
Full/Part Time: Full-Time