University of Rochester Procurement Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Support Operations-Fac & Svcs
7:30 AM-4 PM; POSS WKENDS/HOL
To provide support to the procurement activity of University Facilities Materials Management by approving low dollar purchases and coordinating the processing of orders under supervisor of the Manager of Materials Management. Must be able to provide support to both the River Campus and Medical Center warehouse operations.
- Monitors buyer’s workbench in FAMIS and reviews purchase requisitions to make sure all information is included and has received appropriate approvals.Requests price quotes and delivery options from vendors.Contact vendors and requestors gathering information to complete and expedite orders. Turns purchase requisitions into purchase orders making sure all required documentation, including supplier justification forms and bids, are attached and completed. Places orders with vendors verifying prices and delivery dates.
- Matches invoices and packing slips to confirmation.Receives orders in systems and sends approved invoices to accounts payable. Investigate and resolves pricing and delivery disputes with vendors.
- Works closely with Purchasing, Accounts Payable to resolve purchasing and invoicing issues.Works with vendors and requestors to make sure they understand University terms and conditions and purchasing requirements. Must have clear understanding of University Purchasing and Finance policies and procedures.
- Run and monitor past due reports for non-stock orders.
- Provide support in the stockrooms, receiving materials, cycle counting, and issuing stock when needed.
Associate’s degree in business administration and 1-2 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefers experience in accounts payable background. Prefers background in industrial products.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201835
Full/Part Time: Full-Time