University of Rochester Practice Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 EIOH Finance & Admin
8 AM-5 PM
Under general direction of the University human resource policies and accounting guidelines, serves as the Practice Manager for the Eastman Dental Center located at the Highland Hospital Physician's Office Building. Responsibilities include managing the operations of the clinic as well as the administrative and budgetary aspects of the clinic and the supervision of the administrative staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Finance and Operations:
- Prepare, monitor and control the clinic's operating budget as directed.
- Manage all charge entry, collections, and pre-authorizations/prior approvals in its entirety. Ensuring ail billing related activities of the clinic is performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of the general ledger.
- Oversee review of monthly self pay account receivable reports and to work closely with the Dental Central Billing Office (DCBO) to ensure timely follow-up with patients regarding overdue balances.
- Oversee review of provider treatment plans and financial counseling of patients (including the utilization of outside financial credit companies). Authorize and initiate collection for bad debt accounts.
- Direct and coordinate ail patient scheduling and registration, as well as provider scheduling on Axium and/or lOX.
- Continually seek to improve appointment scheduling, telephone and data input activity.
- Facilitation of patient follow-up and recall. This includes developing an adequate recall system in conjunction with the providers.
- Develop and supervise a system for monitoring the status of predeterminations (including ensuring the patient representative staff are working with patients and insurance carriers to maximize benefits and contacting patients to initiate treatment and financial arrangements.
- On a monthly basis prepare and distribute billing and collection reports, faculty quarterly reports, and other practice reports as requested.
- Provide back up at the front desk and during high volume times and as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct weekly staff meetings with front desk & billing staff.
- Participates in the development/preparation of marketing material for advertisements.
- Assist in determining department needs.Initiates and authorizes orders for equipment, supplies, and services.Recommends repair and purchase of major equipment.Review and approve invoices.
- Represents and serves as a spokesperson for the clinical site in interpreting administrative matters to patients, faculty, and staff.
- Replies to correspondence and other inquiries involving the interpretation of University policy and Department policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Human Resource Administration
- Hire, assign, and supervise activities of all administrative staff.
- Maintain attendance records, coordinate training efforts and monitor performance (including providing detailed feedback on a regular basis).Develop performance goals with all administrative staff.Complete evaluations for the initial six-month period and annually there after or as necessary.
- Develops policy and procedures for the front-end operations.
- Participates in activities that assist the clinical site in meeting the regulatory guidelines and standards.
- In conjunction with EIOH administration, contact vendor(s) for supplies and initiate service for equipment specific to the practice.Serve as the liaison for technical support for computer hardware, software, and the telephone system.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with faculty, patients, staff, vendors, the medical center and Dentistry administrative groups and Dental Central Billing Office. Represent the faculty'sinterests and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Handle patient complaints and work closely with HR and the Site Director to resolve patient problems and disputes.
- Attend and participate in appropriate meetings, site meetings and other assigned meetings.
- Participate in department wide projects as assigned and collaborate in developing improved operational plans for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience, including one year in an administrative capacity in an academic practice setting. Prefer 3 to 5 years management and dental/medical billing experience or a combination of experience and education preferred. Knowledge of AxiUm and IDX systems helpful. Ability to problem solve and work in an organized manner. Ability to work with diverse faculty and staff.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Practice Manager
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 201298
Full/Part Time: Full-Time