University of Rochester Practice Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 UR Medicine Urgent Care
8:30 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS; HOL
Responsible for daily operations of the multiple urgent care sites. Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting department and UC standards. Must have good communication, good writing skills, listening to problems, ability to solve problems, maintain process control, training and development, planning work, sustain department standards and quality. Responsible for managing human resources in department to assure that a qualified work force is available and trained to fully meet customer needs and department goals.
- Develops, maintains and teaches training program for new employees.
- Accesses staff’s ongoing training needs, develops and implements training programs to address needs.
- Development of schedules and assures coverage for sick calls and vacation coverage through reassignment of staff.
- Performs personnel administration including recruitment, hiring, firing, performance evaluation, performance improvement plans with assistance from the Administrator.
- Provides supervision, leadership, coaching and counseling.
- Serves as a role model and facilitator to staff.
- Ensure that all functions are completed by available staff and assign staff to special projects as identified.
- Ensures efficient and quality functions through high cost reporting, hold bills and case reviews.
- Maintains departmental standards through quality assurance monitoring.
- Identifies problems or areas for system improvements, develops and implements resolution.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and acts on customer feedback to improve the quality of service.
- Analyzes volume and productivity and works in the staffing pattern as required to meet department standards.
- Collaborates with Administrator to identify strategic goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements annual plan to accomplish goals.
Policies and Compliance
- Responsible for reviewing, validating and maintaining accurate departmental procedure.
- Interprets hospital and administrative policies.
- Work closely with Emergency Medicine Billing to identify and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance with regulatory and insurer guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards (The Joint Commission (TJC), Urgent Care, etc.)
College graduation or equivalent combination of experience and training; one year of relevant administrative experience. Demonstration of customer relation skill, multi-tasking and excellent communication and organizational skills required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Practice Manager
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 202181
Full/Part Time: Full-Time