University of Rochester Physician Support Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Solid Organ Transplant
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs complex secretarial and administrative duties for four physicians in a fast-paced environment in support of clinical, educational and academic programs.
- Manage the intake of new referrals through various sources including eRecord work que, faxed referrals and phone calls from outside providers. Enter new patients into multiple systems including Flowcast and OTTR as well departmental spreadsheets.
- Assist clinical team by gathering the required clinical and financial data to facilitate scheduling and authorization for services.
- Schedule initial appointments and testing as well as procedures and follow up appointments for the hepatology team of providers.
- Assist providers in managing the clinical work flow and ensuring smooth communication within the hepatology team and with the larger transplant team.
- Serves as primary contact for four providers. Manages provider calendars, prioritizes appointments and meetings based on provider preferences. Chooses and recommends among competing demands.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules for the 4 physicians on the transplant hepatology team by working with the Administrative Assistant for the division to ensure adequate coverage for the division and to ensure that conflicts are resolved.
- Meet with clinical secretaries on an ongoing basis to ensure calendar coordination and resolution of conflicting priorities.
- Assist with administrative correspondence including letters, recommendations for residents and students, typing of research materials and other correspondence as needed.
- Maintains provider(s) ECV and maintains provider binder with key credentialing information
- Arranges travel, conference registration and hotel accommodations. Interfaces with organizations, hospitals and others to facilitate invited lectures and speaking engagements for the providers.
- Works with marketing liaison to schedule provider outreach sessions. Order lunch for outreach sessions and facilitate meeting arrangements.
- In order to ensure efficient communication for the transplant team this position will be responsible for loading monthly provider call schedules into the paging system, individual calendars and time away system for the four hepatologists.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule meetings for the transplant team. This may include weekly or regularly recurring meetings or one-time events.
- Manage administrative arrangements for meetings and special events, including arranging for facilities and space, equipment, literature and other necessities.
- Prepare invoices and expense reports for approval and processing.
- Order supplies and prepare purchase orders as necessary
- Participate in special projects as identified by the Administrative Assistant or Administrator or physicians or surgeons in the department.
Associate’s degree in Medical, Secretarial or related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Standard office equipment including computer, calculator, telephone, facsimile. Will use software for electronic medical record systems, appointment scheduling system and other systems as needed. Experience working in a team setting is preferred. This position requires a high level of interaction with many different team members including support staff, nurses, APPs, physicians, surgeons, social workers, nutritionists, pharmacists, financial counselors and administrators. Must be comfortable raising concerns and speaking up in team meetings.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Physician Support Spec
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 202646
Full/Part Time: Full-Time