University of Rochester Phlebotomy Operations Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 095 Phlebotomy- In Patient
11AM-7:30PM; ROT WKENDS/HOL
Under the direction of the Phlebotomy Supervisor, coordinates all aspects of the daily operations of a specific section or area of responsibility in Phlebotomy. Routinely visits assigned phlebotomy locations and is accessible to staff. Provides technical direction, training, and is accountable for the professional conduct and technical performance of personnel. Ensures operations meet all regulatory requirements. Assists with problem solving and serves as an interface to the customer.
- Plans schedules to ensure adequate staffing. Coordinates daily changes, including redirecting work or staff as needed. Monitors turnaround time; holds staff accountable for accurate and timely completion of assigned activities.
- Ensures operations of area of responsibility meet all regulatory requirements. Regularly, or for an emergent need, visits assigned locations and is accessible to staff for direction, training, and problem solving.
- Investigates/completes Incident Reports and Laboratory Errors, documenting corrective action suggestions. Enters patient related errors into hospital reporting system. Identifies and addresses common laboratory errors.
- Monitors Quality Control/documents errors. Participates in QA initiatives, audits, and data collection.
- Coordinates the roll out of new policies/procedures and/or evaluates new methods. Makes suggestions to improve efficiency, reduce cost and solve operational problems.
- Participates in the Personnel Performance review process. Addresses performance issues as they occur. Follows up with documentation/discussion with Supervisor. Monitors and assesses staff competency. Provides training.
- Ensures that staff are compliant with laboratory policies/ procedures, including safety, security, and trainings.
- Assumes responsibility for channeling information to and from designated shift or section specific areas.
- Manages inventory/coordinates the ordering of section supplies. Orders or works with vendors as needed.
- Ensures that instrumentation, equipment and supplies are kept in good working order.
- Works collaboratively to meet objectives. Promotes and supports a positive team environment.
- Performs all duties of a phlebotomist as needed.
Associates degree in science, management, or a related field and two years of laboratory or phlebotomy experience; or an equivalent combination of education, experience or certification. Phlebotomy certification or experience preferred. Valid driver’s license/reliable transportation on a daily basis. Knowledge of medical terminology/anatomy, customer service experience a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Phlebotomy Operations Coordinator
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202209
Full/Part Time: Full-Time