University of Rochester Phlebotomist-Sr: Full-Time, 40 hours in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Phlebotomy
The Phlebotomy Training Senior Tech, under the direction of the Supervisor, oversees all aspects of Phlebotomy Staff training. The Training Coordinator will provide technical expertise and enhance the growth of the department through areas of staff development and training personnel in day-to-day operations.
- Performs all specimen processing functions accurately following established procedures.
- Ensures that staff follow laboratory policies and procedures, including safety and security.
- Trains and coordinates the training of new staff, including program development and revision, orientation and direction of in house trainers.
- Evaluates progress of training. Makes recommendations for training methods and content to supervisor(s).
- Coordinates the retraining of current staff when ongoing errors are identified.
- Coordinates ongoing staff training and development.
- Maintains and updates Training Manual and materials.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques and procedures that may be considered for process change.
- Assesses staff competency. Documents and reports competency to meet regulatory requirements.
- Continuously assesses work processes and makes suggestions to supervisor for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and solve operational problems.
- Works with supervisor(s) and other laboratory staff to plan for and accomplish departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Promotes and supports a positive team environment within the laboratory.
- Participates in maintaining the department in technical readiness to meet the regulatory compliance standards for New York State, CAP and any other regulatory agency inspecting the clinical laboratory.
Effective interpersonal skills, and maintains a friendly and courteous professional manner at all times. Excellent Communication, word processing and computer skills are essential. Is able to prioritize and maintain focus while performing multiple tasks. Punctuality and a good attendance record. Adherence to all University, Division and Department policies. Adherence to all laboratory safety procedures. May be required to rotate shifts; will be required to work weekends and holiday as assigned. Professional discretion with confidential patient results.
AS degree and one (1) year phlebotomy experience preferred; or two (2) years Laboratory Science and technical training closely related to this position; or a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above. Requires a minimum of two (2) years SMH Phlebotomy Operational Experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Phlebotomist-Sr: Full-Time, 40 hours
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 204072
Full/Part Time: Full-Time