University of Rochester Patient Services Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Food & Nutrition Svcs-Staff
VARIES; OCC WKENDS/HOL
Manages and supervises functions and staff related to patient meal service (assembly, delivery, sanitation).
- Manages & supervises supervisory staff in the tray assembly, distribution, sanitation & maintenance, to ensure accurate meal service, assembly, distribution & retrieval, clean up and service.
- Monitoring, approval and publishing of schedules for these area with employee counts exceeding 200. Manages functions of patient meal services, patient meal distribution/re-thermalization (if appropriate), computer diet entry, tray ticket processing, and forecasting for efficient meal service including management meal rounds.
- Assures the meals, snacks and nourishments are served on schedule.
- Maintains adequate supervisory staffing coverage in times of illness, emergency, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Establishes systems, policies & procedures, standards and record for patient meal services to achieve departmental objectives. Routinely reviews these so that affect optimum efficiency, organization, quality preparation & presentation, accuracy of assembly, delivery, service, retrieval and clean-up.
- Assists in development and implements and monitors operating; and capital budgets for patient meal services.
- Maintains appropriate records as it relates to patient meal census, and forecasting. Assures JCAHO and HACCP Compliance.
- Plans, develops, and implements patient menus, holiday programs and specialty programs within the constraints of the approved Diet Manual and budgets in conjunction with the Chief Clinical Dietitian, senior Operations Manager and/or the Assistant Director.
- Works closely with the department IT Analyst overseeing the computerization of the patient feeding department as it relates to menus, diet orders, tray tickets, floor stock, nourishments and forecasting.
- Assists with data collection and evaluation of data as needed related to the patient services budget.
- Maintains appropriate records related to tray assembly distribution and service. Ensures all appropriate documentation related to patient meal service is routinely completed. (i.e. Quality Assurance/Quality Control Reports such as taste & temperature checks, accuracy & distribution audits, food substitution logs, and portion control checks, etc.) Participates in the department’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Attends pertinent in-service programs scheduled within the hospital. Participates in departmental management meetings. Attends approved meetings and workshops in order to fulfill the ADA’s and/or CDR’s continuing education requirements (if appropriate).
- Maintains a working knowledge of advances in clinical nutrition management, food systems management, and information systems. Manages an effective patient satisfaction survey program utilizing URMC approved vendors.
- Manages and supervises a controlled floor stock & tube feeding.
- Manages main kitchen staff to assure that sanitation and preventative maintenance standards are met including the management of physical areas of equipment to ensure all regulatory requirements are met. Maintains records to ensure proper dietary standards are met due to food shortages/substitutions.
- Maintains regular lines of communication with appropriate medical center and departmental staff.
- Interviews, hires, orients and coordinates training of supervisory staff for trayline, distribution, porters, and Diet Office areas (if appropriate).
- Responsible for the completion of performance evaluations, disciplinary action and recommends discharge of subordinate staff when necessary.
- Participates in preceptorship and education Cornell University students and other Dietetic internship affiliated with URMC Food & Nutrition Services.
Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition with 4-5 years’ experience in food service management with two years in a large scale food service operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Registration with Commission of Dietetic Registration required for Central Tray functional position. Prefer active American Dietetic Association membership.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Patient Services Manager
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201597
Full/Part Time: Full-Time