University of Rochester PACS/McKesson RIS System Admin in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Imaging Sciences-IT
Oversees and maintains the Radiology Information Systems module and applications that interact with it as well Diagnostic Imaging Resource Scheduling dictionaries and PACS assuring accurate documentation and charging of all services offered by the Diagnostic Imaging Department. Coordinates these services within and outside the Health System to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our Customers. Actively supports the mission, goals, and objective of the Health System.
Under limited direction within department and enterprise guidelines and standards:
- Coordinates implementation/upgrade phases of PACS and McKesson RIS, Resource Scheduling and Order Management within Diagnostic Imaging Department as well as dealing with any issues that arise within the each application or between the applications.Identifies and schedules phases with Core Group for dictionary link needs.Gathers and designs dictionaries and report specifications. Manages application testing as required in test and live systems as well as integrated testing as required. Identifies deadlines and works to resolve areas of concern which would affect meeting timelines. Coordinates tasks with department leaders, Information Systems and McKesson and/or PACS vendor as required. Ensures task completion by teams to meet deadlines. Works closely with EMR team to test functionality of other applications especially Webstation for Physicians (Paragon Physician Hub) as well as T system (ED EMR) to ensure data flow to Radiology and the McKesson EMR
- Collaborates with Patient Financial Services, Information Systems and Health Information Management to assure accurate billing information and compliance with regulatory agencies. Assists with maintenance of charge master for Diagnostic Imaging ensuring coding/billing standards are met for dictionary build and ease of use utilizing Test/Live dictionaries and input from end users. Maintains/updates RIS dictionary/codes to meet most current CPT codes or codes that are required for new Diagnostic Imaging Procedures.
- Supports third party software in use in the Diagnostic Imaging Department such as MModal, Digisonics, DynaCAD, Imaging on Call, Life Images, and others such as third party McKesson software (Webstation for forms, Infomaker, Forms Publisher as implemented ensuring it remains operational and functioning for the benefit of staff and patients. Also will cross train with applications administrators team to support Powerscribe 360, eView and Portal and many others.
- Serves as Department Liaison with Information Systems, HIM, Patient Financial Services, McKesson, Philips iSite PACS, MModal Transcription. Serves as hub for resolution of any issues between the systems from interfaces to compliance and/or accuracy in billing and coding.
- Supervises training for end users throughout the phases of the applications (Implementation, Enhancement, New Routines, etc.) including training of new Diagnostic Imaging Associates and supervisors, Radiologists for McKesson. Trains or supervises training of all PACS users in the health system including all Diagnostic Imaging Associates, Radiologists, Hospitalists and all others who need access for patient care.
- Collaborates with Diagnostic Imaging Supervisors and associates to identify issues and find solutions for the benefit of the department and health system. Works with supervisors in preparation for changes in function or downtime procedures ensuring patient care is minimally affected.
- Actively investigates opportunities offered by PACS/RIS/EMR upgrades to increase productivity (streamline technical and clerical data entry fields).
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-4 years Healthcare Information Technology experience preferred required. 3-4 years imaging informatics specific experience preferred.
Imaging informatics and imaging processing knowledge and experience required including prior experience in multiple imaging informatics areas of expertise including PACS (picture archiving and communication system), RIS (radiology information system) or CVIS (cardiovascular information system), Electronic Medical Record integration, advanced imaging processing or CAD (computer aided diagnosis), reporting and teleradiology preferred.
Knowledge and experience with DICOM, HL7 integration, basic network troubleshooting, diagnostic workstation and primary monitor ACR accreditation and New York State and Federal regulatory requirements. Experience and knowledge with radiology and imaging workflows required. Experience troubleshooting diagnostic workstations and.r advanced imaging analysis workstations preferred. McKesson and RIS certifications highly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: PACS/McKesson RIS System Admin
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 204425
Full/Part Time: Full-Time