University of Rochester Outpatient Pharmacy Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 089 Pharmacy SMH
Assist pharmacist in the maintenance of the outpatient pharmacy’s drug distribution system, with a focus on quality and accuracy, patient care, and customer service. Under supervision of a pharmacist, and consistent with state, federal and local regulations, prepare prescriptions for final check by pharmacist. This includes, but is not limited to, processing refills through pharmacy computer system, identification of patient in-hospital billing system to obtain demographic information, entering patient information into computer system, physically preparing drug product (doses) for pharmacist, correcting online adjudication rejects that occur, waiting on patients, and cashing out patients at register.
- Comply with all applicable company policies, procedures, and patient protocols.Comply with all current government regulations and professional standards respecting patient care.
- Assists the pharmacists in the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, maintains computer data base, and maintains Point of Sale system.
- Prepares daily bank deposits, updates pharmacy records, and distributes appropriate reports to accounting.
- Operates a cash register.
- Verifies prescription information – determines accuracy of the prescription based upon information provided, obtains the correct pre-made medications, and ensures that medications are delivered to the patient in a timely manner.
- Monitors inventory levels at respective site; assists in maintenance and daily ordering of drug inventory; acts as liaison for the pharmacist in obtaining medications from ancillary areas.
- Performs monthly inspections as a quality assurance measure and communicate any immediate problems to a supervisor for correction.
- Interacts with staff members and completes other duties as assigned by pharmacists or supervisor.
- Utilizes proper telephone etiquette including providing identification upon answering the telephone; forwarding questions and information to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Employs courtesy and uses constructive communication with pharmacy, customers, and hospital staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
High school education; including at least one of the following. Certified Pharmacy technician, successful completion of a formal technician training program, three or more year’s pharmacy experience, five or more year’s healthcare related experience, associates or bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience in a science or business or enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school. Detail-oriented; computer literate; math aptitude including a basic understanding of units of measure; ability to work as part of a team; prioritization capabilities, and exceptional communication and customer service skills. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required within twelve months of entering into position. Previous experience with pharmacy applications a plus.
- National certification (PTCB) required within one year of hire.
- Must maintain national certification
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Pharmacy Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202676
Full/Part Time: Full-Time