University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 007 CVSL Regional Cardiology
This position serves the cardiology patient population and referring physicians in Dansville, Warsaw, Geneseo and on occasion – Wellsville. Main office will be Dansville Cardiology. Duties include answering phones, receiving and registering patients, checking out patients after their office visit, and maintaining patient files. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and exercise independent judgment and initiative in registering, scheduling and communicating with patients. The position requires attention to detail, the ability to prioritize tasks, to type accurately and to be familiar and comfortable working with computers. The candidate must be able to work independently and perform routine and non-routine clerical duties of a specialized natured in an extremely busy environment. Patient privacy policies must be followed in the conduct of all job responsibilities.
Patient Registration, Scheduling and check out
- Greet patients reporting for clinical visits and procedures. In a confidential and professional manner, confirm demographic and insurance information and registering of patients in IDX. Evaluate acquired information for completeness and accuracy. Coordinate and review with billing staff to insure data is sufficient for their needs.
- Schedule procedures, follow-up appointments and ancillary tests with input from physicians and other health care personnel. This requires the ability to evaluate medical information provided, and to clarify information as needed for other areas. Must possess the ability to provide answers to questions asked by patients, and to determine which questions should appropriately be addressed by physicians or other health care providers. Requires attention to detail and appropriate follow-through, especially in scheduling procedures, where coordination of multiple calendars and offices is required.
- Answer incoming calls. Evaluate patient’s concerns and refer to physicians or other health care personnel to address. Respond to callers independently when appropriate and follow up to be sure all requests are handled in a timely fashion.
- Communicate medical information to patients and messages to other callers as directed by physicians and nurses, as appropriate. Candidate must insure that pertinent information and patient record is available when needed.
- Review patient chart (ERECORD) at least 1 to 2 weeks before clinic visit to make sure all relevant documentation and ancillary test results from the previous patient visit are present. Obtain additional information for new patients from referring provider such as office notes, all pertinent labs, tests, etc. prior to patient arrival for Cardiology provider review.
- Assists with daily scanning maintenance as needed. IE; Labs, urgent medical records.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with IBM-compatible computers in a Windows environment and Medical Terminology required. Familiarity with MS Office, Excel and Word experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 202932
Full/Part Time: TAR