University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 36 hours Grade 007 Audiology
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring advanced secretarial or word processing skills and proficiency in an administrative office of a medical department. Is responsible providing excellent customer service and effectively interacting with office customers. Provides assistance and support to the Audiology offices.
- Check daily schedules to assure that referrals are in place
- Check schedules for errors
- Schedule infant testing as needed
- Reschedules appointments when there is a change in the provider schedule
- Closes out credit card terminal daily
- Posts payments and charges to HPA billing system
- Manages referrals – communicates referrals needs with other staff to obtain for or submit with billing
- Sends daily billing to hospital via courier for verification and deposit
Other Secretarial Duties:
- Separate reports and forward to file room for scanning
- Retrieve, sort and distribute Audiology mail
- Mail and/or fax reports
- Covers for hospital secretary in times of absence
- Process tasks from Audiologists
Other Duties as Assigned.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 2 years of post-high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent and at least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience, preferably in a medical office environment, with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction. Knowledge of medical terminology and working in a group office setting is highly desirable. Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment. Knowledge of IDX Flowcast, Allscripts, Touchchart, and web access to insurance databases is preferred. OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202636
Full/Part Time: Full-Time