University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Psych SMH Ambulatory Reg
7:30AM-4PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Performs functions associated with patient information processing for ambulatory care visits. Completes tasks of reception, registration, payments, charge capture, appointment scheduling, charge entry, and telephone management. Proficient with Flowcast. eRecord and Alpha systems. Subscribes to the Department’s goal of creating a culturally competent environment by treating patients/families, trainees, research subjects and co-workers in a sensitive and caring manner with appropriate attention to cultural differences.
- Greet and check in patients, confirming insurance information and demographics.Arrive patients in Alpha and Flowcast.
- Take visit payments when applicable and perform daily cash-out procedures.
- Establish patient registrations using the insurance verification systems and Flowcast.Check. for valid referral if applicable. Notify clinician when an outpatient treatment report must be completed in order to obtain more visits.
- Provides training to other clerical staff on all aspects of Department specific work including orientation to registration, charge entry and customer service. Acts as information resource for all Departmental staff in regards to registration and billing activities. Attends educational programs for department at direction of supervisor and teaches other staff.
- Set up and maintain appointment schedules for patients.
- Confirm charge capture information and perform charge entry procedure through the Flowcast system.
- Triage phone calls in a calm and efficient manner with ability to route crisis calls appropriately
- Work various reports such as the Hold Bill Report, Missing Encounter Forms and the Charge Detail Report.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability for accurate data entry. Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish would be appreciated.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201495
Full/Part Time: Full-Time